Air box and jetting

Nov 9, 2018
What up peoples?!? Quick question. Do I need to change the jets in the carb in order to remove the air box lid or drill holes in it? And how about eliminating the stock box altogether. What all do I need to do and will it help with gaining more power? Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!

More air = more power
more air will need more fuel to keep you at the correct air/fuel ratio
depending on which mods you do will determine how much more fuel is required
could be 1-2 main jet sizes larger for just holes in lid or removed with aftermarket filter.
plug chop to confirm jetting for any changes you make ..... https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

Hey bro, good lookin on the quick response. Thanks for the link to the jetting section. Much appreciated.
I could prolly get away with moving the needle clip down with just holes in the lid. Once I move to AM intakes or remove the lid altogether I would imagine I'd need to begin changing the main jet. I'm running a stock engine with oil and tors kit. Needle clip is on the second notch. Suppose I'll plug chop to be sure.

Reactions: Awk08
No, the needle has nothing to do with full throttle/main jet plug chops, and you cannot richen the mid/needle circuit to cover lean main jetting. needle covers 1/4 to 3/4 throttle, main jet takes over then to full throttle.
I've ran the stock carb on everything from stock to ported/piped/no air lid engines and never needed anything but the middle clip position on the needle. I hear the DMC pipe likes the clip moved down 1 position to richen the mids.
just buy some jets before you fry your shiz, 240/250/260 maybe for the airbox mods, start large and full throttle plug chop down

Reactions: STurnerXM2010