Aftermarket Reeds

Akraus5

Mar 7, 2013
Hi guys, I am doing my first race on the 19th of may and want to get vforce reeds so I will be up to par with other racers. Any recommendation on different reeds or how the vforce reeds perform? My budget is $150. I found new vforce reeds on rocky mountain for $133:-/

i'd say yes, it is worth the few dollars to get the ones on ebay...... save a $1 here, save $5 there, and next thing you know you have eunf $ for the next mod.

the vf4's reportedly flow like the old 2's, but have the snap togther design like the 3's, has reed stops for longer petal life, and a larger pteal area than the 3's..............

http://www.blasterforum.com/pics-vids-9/vf3-vf4-comparison-pics-53106/

Hi guys, I am doing my first race on the 19th of may and want to get vforce reeds so I will be up to par with other racers. Any recommendation on different reeds or how the vforce reeds perform? My budget is $150. I found new vforce reeds on rocky mountain for $133:-/

You are not going to get any more power from a different set of reeds.

The power will not be increased but the throttle will be more responsive and crisper.

If you want that little extra, fit a foam filter directly on the carby throat and alter the jetting to suit.

They look different. What are the differences and is it worth it to go for ebay instead of rm. I have never heard of these before.

Buy them from ebay they are alot cheaper I got mine from ebay for $125 shipp
to the door of my house and their work really great on my blaster.

I'm not a fan of v force reeds there expensive and Frey fast I would go with a boysen reed cage the petals are metal and they screw on I run stock reeds they are good to my vforce 3 cage had crack in different locations and my petals snapped off and got sucked out my exhaust cause I found it behind my bike reeds are a big part of power performance if there not dialed in your goin to probably lose alot of power

I'm not a fan of v force reeds there expensive and Frey fast I would go with a boysen reed cage the petals are metal and they screw on I run stock reeds they are good to my vforce 3 cage had crack in different locations and my petals snapped off and got sucked out my exhaust cause I found it behind my bike reeds are a big part of power performance if there not dialed in your goin to probably lose alot of power

Please explain what you mean by this.

How does one dial in a set of reeds?