aftermarket carb?

well with your mods a 28mm would be perfect. anything more would be overkill.

it would get you more airflow and more fuel usage. check out ebay

Hi guys, would you recommend me installing a 35mm carb on my ported rechambered, piped blaster? What sort of performance gains can I expect? Also if I had to choose between vforce 4 reeds and the bigger carb. Which is a better upgrade?

I depends on the pipe, if you fit a 35mm carb to an engine that has a low/mid pipe you will defeat the low end of the powerband. The stock 26mm suits that application fine.

If you have a mid/high pipe then the 35mm carb will suit it just fine.

Broad range pipes like the Toomey B1 will work very well with a small carb and the highs will be somewhat better with a larger one.

The V force reeds will give a much snappier throttle response if married with either a large or small carb, a good investment.

Cool thanks guys. Okay joeak and blaster so you guys world recommend the vforce 4 instead. P.s. Blaaster, im using a dmc pipe.

I agree with Blaaster . If your going to upgrade your reeds and you can afford it, I would without question get the Vforce 4 reed assembly. They are a bit pricy, but in my opinion are worth it, especially if your adding it to any kind of porting and head re-chambering upgrade. I'm running the Vforce 3 reeds and they are a worthy component to add to your upgrades. The Vforce4's are the next step up with the reed stops and a small increase in reed surface size. I wouldn't waste my time and hard earned money on boysen reeds, Vito's reeds, etc. Go strait to the
Vforce 4's. As for the choice between the reeds and carb, I would go with the reeds first. You can always play with a larger carb later. This will also give you time to look for a bargain on a carb. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. Im from South Africa and here the vforce 4 would cost me 250usd, however im getting a friend to bring them across from the states so the 110usd price tag is a bargain for me. Thanks for all your help.

The DMC is a very hard pulling low end pipe, anything bigger than the stock 26mm and the low end will die away.

The DMC is a thirsty pipe on the needle, it usually requires the clip to be in the lowest (richest) position.

I depends on the pipe, if you fit a 35mm carb to an engine that has a low/mid pipe you will defeat the low end of the powerband. The stock 26mm suits that application fine.

If you have a mid/high pipe then the 35mm carb will suit it just fine.

Broad range pipes like the Toomey B1 will work very well with a small carb and the highs will be somewhat better with a larger one.

The V force reeds will give a much snappier throttle response if married with either a large or small carb, a good investment.
Is FMF powercore pipe and muffler more suited for the stock 26 mm or a 34 mm?