a little powder action

mk2dubbin

Aug 5, 2012
just thought i would share this with you all. fresh out of the oven the other night!

pinkpowder.jpg

my buddy powdered them for me. they're going on my girlfriends white and teal blaster in my picture.

the seat will stay the same and i have matching teal tank and hood for it if she wants to go that route. the pink is very close to the factory pink used on the springs in 1991 and 1992 - i just added it to the hubs as well to tie things together. the smaller hubs are blaster and the bigger ones are banshee/raptor/yfz for when i get around to upgrading to the banshee style wheels. i really hate the look of the steel wheels even though i just got done powdering those white as well. haha

I was able to get everything installed yesterday since it was so nice out. It won't be long now until it is operational again. just need to finish mounting the new front lines, bleed fronts and rears, paint the frame where I welded the brackets for the reservoir and master cylinder, and get the heel guards installed.

pinkinstalled.jpg

Nope - the frame is staying silver and the nerfs are bare aluminum. I did get her a NOS 1992 magenta seat to match the springs and she loves it the way it is.