A-arm extenders ?

I think you mean the diamond j kit? Some members have had them. They work if your on a budget but for a little more extended a-arms would be alot better. The kit will make the bumpsteer worse. They can be found on ebay

they totally screw with the geometry of the suspension causeing the above said bumpsteer

Simmer down Whitty, the DJ +6 Kit doesn't totally screw with anything, to say the least.

Changes suspension geometry? Ummmm, NO.
Changes Frame geometry??? Slightly, yes, but barely noticeable once you get the front suspension setup correctly, for sure...

As mentioned there can be a bit of bump-steer over normal, but if you set up the bike correctly with good shocks, dialed in right, have the rear widened, run good tires, etc all of this is just about nonexistent/un-noticeable, as said, and tested....

I have been rockin' the Diamond J +6 kit for about 2 years now, beat the hell out of it, etc, etc. Very strong and durable, really holds up nice for an add-on kit.
Once I got the suspension dialed in right for me it is actually a great ride, all around, have NO issues whatsoever, a substantial upgrade over a stocky setup.
And again bump-steer is pretty much nonexistent, I notice NONE really...

Of course a nice set of custom +3+1 Arms and good shocks is always recommended for optimal performance, to say the least, hands down...
But I, as a full bore test pilot for the DJ kit, have no complaints at all, love mine Fo Sho... I:I

bump steer ha???
sounds like tie rod length and adjustment are the causes of it on our bikes ??
phragle will be proud of me for lookin up this geometry article explaining it and correcting it, although based on a car, some of it can be applied to any suspension geometry...............
Longacre Racing Online -- Tech Article "Bump Steer "

by making the gap between the a-arms mounting on the frame wider, it will not handle better or ride better.
look at this frame, not the chick. one of the best frames for a banshee, notice anything about it?
392100727.jpg

392973630.jpg

392973633.jpg

oh here is a rough drawing of how that sh*t j-diamond is crappy.
wideningkit.jpg

it causes the body to want to twist more, making it handle worse.
it also changes the angle of the tie-rod to the a-arms, ever notice normally they are parallel?

I simply speak of the overall width of the bike providing a much more stable architecture, wider=better no matter how ya get there, in simple terms.

My bike is much wider over stock, and feels it all around while trail riding, MX, etc, just alot more stable and much less lateral movement, etc.

I would recommend extended A-Arms over the kit in a heartbeat, but I have had fun with the kit, definitely gave me a new ride.

Well that first picture was really cool but... was there a quad in the last two? I must have missed it.

It's interesting, making the a-arm mounts on the opposite side of the bike. Not a new concept just hard to implement...

I'm curious how the lower a-arm mounts look like they pivot as well but the tire maintains it's camber. Must have been a lot of CAD work to get it right and even then I'd be afraid that after a few hard whacks it would fall out from under the bike. There is a reason why the factory doesn't use a spiders web of mount pivots just to get a few extra inches of extension out of the front suspension.

I believe you that tech that it works fine, i appologize for getting a little worked up there, i think that dj could make their kit a lot better, intsead of just making it wider. i am looking for used +3's but they dont show up too often

I believe you that tech that it works fine, i appologize for getting a little worked up there, i think that dj could make their kit a lot better, intsead of just making it wider. i am looking for used +3's but they dont show up too often

No they do not Whitty, agree.
That is why I run the DJ kit. I got it real cheap, half price and the only reason I figured to give it a try. Once I got it installed and then upgraded my shocks figured I Would rock it for a while as my bike seems alot better/more stable now.
Kinda got used to it and really like the way it rides overall now, new +3 a-arms are now the last thing on my list.

BUT, hands down, nuthin' like a nice set of +3+1's Fo Sho.
If ya got the $$$ to drop that way. :D

these kits are like $150-$200 correct?
ya, i can make the same kit but better for around $20. all it is flat metal with some cut outs, not too hard to make.

these kits are like $150-$200 correct?
ya, i can make the same kit but better for around $20. all it is flat metal with some cut outs, not too hard to make.

Agree Shee, and yeah run upwards of about $200.
I got mine for $75 with tie rod extensions so pretty good deal and the only reason I decided to try it out.

Agree that with the correct machinery and material you could mass produce even a better product, and offer powdercoating, etc.

hmmmmm ..... :-/:-/:-/

LOL
Sure they have rights or sumthin' to the design, but definitely can be copied easily, and not worth $200.

But, they work!!!

the only thing i see that kids dont worry is longer brake lines, not sure about the cables, but i know the hydros usually dont go upto +3 on each side.

the only thing i see that kids dont worry is longer brake lines, not sure about the cables, but i know the hydros usually dont go upto +3 on each side.

Yeah, and DJ states that on their site clauses...

I was okay due to still having the stock drums up front, plenty of cable there to go the +3.

hmm well I have often wondered about these kits myself of course I would make it myself I would never spend 200 bucks for some flat steel

in any double a-arm set up you want the tie rod to be as close to parallel as possible to the actual a-arm, that way when the suspension cycles the tie rods and a-arms move the same amount... otherwise bump steer will absolutely dominate

ive done 2 long travel set ups on nissan frontiers (with help from SLR) and that is almost the number one golden rule you dont break. if you do, the bump steer is near deadly... now on a quad its not deadly, but it wont win you races