99 blaster can't shift out off neutral

TrynaLearn

Jan 24, 2018
Just got this thing yesterday can't get it out of neutral and has a slight leak in bottom of crankcase but no hole think they didn't put a seal in it and just put gasket seal in it

sounds like you need to take it apart
or at least take clutch cover off first to see if you can
spot the problem.
make sure that no one put a aftermarket drain plug on there they have been known to interfere with shifting as in they are to long........
i saw you looking at the free manual it is the service 1 you want i believe.
watch these\/ videos
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids.51169/
blaster shift problems.jpg

If they just put a crank seal in I had 2 problems when I did mine. 1 I can't rembef exactly what the ring is called I believe a spanner ring isn't in the proper place (I believe its the second one in the clutch basket) it won't shift I learned the hard way. Then also theirs the shift rod which has a ball bearing behind it that can roll out then no shift. But if really had to guess they probably didn't adjust the clutch properly inside the case but not a hard thing to do I got it after a couple trys

IIRC , the PDF is the Yamaha Service manual.
As to shifting: is shifter tight on the shaft? Is this with engine running? If yes, support rear tires off of ground, with the engine OFF, rock the wheel back and forth while trying to shift into first or second gear. FYI , one or the other trans shafts has to be moving for it to shift.
If none of above works then remove clutch cover. Check shift star, they are known to come loose. Check the rest of the shift mechanism.
Also make sure clutch is adjusted correctly.