98 200cc runs rich wont accelerate

If that right bend pipe is nearly happy with a #230 main jet, it must be getting some extra fuel from somewhere.

Clean out the needle and seat assembly, adjust the float, check to see if the fuel stops when lifting the float with the bowl off.

Put in a #310 main jet, adjust the idle and plug chop.

It may seem to be running nearly right, but for glorys sake do not run a right bend pipe with a stock main jet, it spells disaster with a capital D!

230 Main is Stock so you know !

yea, ive had this blaster for about 3 months now and it was running great with the 230 main jet in it. i thought i fixed it today but it still runs like crap because its getting too much gas. i can rev it up just fine in neutral but when i go to punch the throttle while in gear, nothing is there except a BIG cloud of smoke behind me....... then she backfires and dies if i dont turn the petcock to the off position. but now i cleaned the carb again and put it back together and i think the floats are stuck because when i turn the carb upside down i cant hear them move at all.......:-/ ill look into that tomorrow. if that don't fix it im all out of ideas...... I NEED HELP!!!!

Some thing very wrong here a right bend pipe running well with stock jetting, maybe the airfilter is a toilet roll.:):):)

I would be very interested to see what the top of the piston and rings look like.:eek::eek::eek:

That float must be stuck hard down to the bottom of the bowl to allow enough fuel to fire up a Trinity.:-/:-/:-/

Trinity.... you may have more than one issue, I do believe the float is one of your problems, the other is your stressing that motor with such lean jetting. Please for the love of the blaster do not run that motor with a 230 jet!

Some thing very wrong here a right bend pipe running well with stock jetting, maybe the airfilter is a toilet roll.:):):)

I would be very interested to see what the top of the piston and rings look like.:eek::eek::eek:

That float must be stuck hard down to the bottom of the bowl to allow enough fuel to fire up a Trinity.:-/:-/:-/

im pretty sure the float is sticking to the bowl somehow. ohh and i have no airfilter.....:eek: just the lid is on the airbox.

If that right bend pipe is nearly happy with a #230 main jet, it must be getting some extra fuel from somewhere.

Clean out the needle and seat assembly, adjust the float, check to see if the fuel stops when lifting the float with the bowl off.

Put in a #310 main jet, adjust the idle and plug chop.

It may seem to be running nearly right, but for glorys sake do not run a right bend pipe with a stock main jet, it spells disaster with a capital D!

when i have the bowl off of the carb i push them up and it does stop the flow of gas.

yea, just havent got to that yet. i will get one eventually but im just out of ideas how to fix this.....:(

Only if you lived closer to pittsburgh, i'd have ya running in no time.

You must get your float taken care of and then a larger jet.

Come on all you NY'ers help your brother out!

Having the same issue. Completely stock 96 Blaster. Picked it up for a couple hundred dollars and had blown base gasket. Rebuilt the top end and the carb. I followed up with a TORS delete to no avail. I can get it to go through gears at about 1/4 throttle, but anything above that is just hogging out with awful amounts of smoke.

That's the clue right there. Either float level to high, leaking float needle, totally wrong fuel mix. Or most likely bad crank seals.
Do a leak down test .
I checked my float height along with my float needle. I’ve been contemplating doing an injection block off, but this is my first two stroke so I’m still new to everything.

Oil pump is not your problem. It can only squirt just so much oil, NEVER more.
Float or needle would affect only if premix.
You need to do a leak down test