98 200cc runs rich wont accelerate

Stupid stupid i figured it out.. When i put the bowl cover on it wouldnt let the float close completely...i pulled the floats apart a tiny little bit and put it all back togetjer and it revs up fine.. Thanks everybody for all the suggestions i am going to up the jet for the exhaust thanks again

Reactions: slickerthanyou
:D
Stupid stupid i figured it out.. When i put the bowl cover on it wouldnt let the float close completely...i pulled the floats apart a tiny little bit and put it all back togetjer and it revs up fine.. Thanks everybody for all the suggestions i am going to up the jet for the exhaust thanks again

Isn't it funny that a sipmple mistake can cause such a massive problem.

Well figured out, you had me breathing hard for a while.:D

hey, im new here but i have the same exact problem. it was running great before i cleaned my carb out, and now it doesnt run rite anymore. i can start it in neutral and rev it just fine but as soon as i put it in gear and try to hit the powerband all it does is smoke ALOT and no power. also backfires alot and spits and sputters. when i turn the gas valve to off it runs good untill fuel empties out of the carb bowl. i just cant get it to run good in gear. i has no power to it at all..... any sugestions????? please help me!!!

hey, im new here but i have the same exact problem. it was running great before i cleaned my carb out, and now it doesnt run rite anymore. i can start it in neutral and rev it just fine but as soon as i put it in gear and try to hit the powerband all it does is smoke ALOT and no power. also backfires alot and spits and sputters. when i turn the gas valve to off it runs good untill fuel empties out of the carb bowl. i just cant get it to run good in gear. i has no power to it at all..... any sugestions????? please help me!!!

Sounds Like the Wrong mixture and an Air leak to me

See all of the above posts and act accordingly, if none of them work report back.

it was running perfectly fine before i took the carb off and cleaned it. i didnt mess with the air/fuel screw at all. i had to take it off and clean it because i had fuel comming out of my carb bowl overflow tube. now it runs like crap when im in gear. and smokes wayyy too much. it wont go more that half throttle without spitting and backfiring. when i turn my gas valve off it takes a second or two but runs great untill it runs out of gas thats left in the bowl.

It is possibly flooding, solutions can be found in above posts, to save posting more solutions please read all above posts and if they do not provide a cure report back.

It is possibly flooding, solutions can be found in above posts, to save posting more solutions please read all above posts and if they do not provide a cure report back.

ok, ill keep you posted. any suggestions to stop it from flooding? as soon as i turn my gas valve to the on position gas starts to drip from the overflow then gradually drips faster to a stream of gas. i took the carb apart like literally 8 times today and now im just confuused....:-/

ok, ill keep you posted. Any suggestions to stop it from flooding? As soon as i turn my gas valve to the on position gas starts to drip from the overflow then gradually drips faster to a stream of gas. I took the carb apart like literally 8 times today and now im just confuused....:-/

float needs adjusted to proper level!

Sounds like your float is sticking

Slick beat me ! ^

yea, i just dont know for sure. like i said it was running perfect before it started to leak gas from the overflow, and ever since i cleaned the carb it runs like crap now. i recently just changed my premix oil, but always mix at 32:1. my only mods are maxxis razr2 tires all the way around, tag handlebars, handguards and a few other cosmetic stuff. BUT, im not sure what exhaust it is. its a right bend pipe and im 90% sure its trinity but it doesnt say on the pipe or silencer. my main jet is a 210 i believe. idk why its running bad now

yea, i just dont know for sure. like i said it was running perfect before it started to leak gas from the overflow, and ever since i cleaned the carb it runs like crap now. i recently just changed my premix oil, but always mix at 32:1. my only mods are maxxis razr2 tires all the way around, tag handlebars, handguards and a few other cosmetic stuff. BUT, im not sure what exhaust it is. its a right bend pipe and im 90% sure its trinity but it doesnt say on the pipe or silencer. my main jet is a 210 i believe. idk why its running bad now

WHAT? 210 jet with a nice right bend your asking for a blown motor i hope you meant 310!

WHAT? 210 jet with a nice right bend your asking for a blown motor i hope you meant 310!

nope...lol i checked today and even my stepbrother said it wasnt supposed to be that low. he has a toomey pipe on his and he runs a 310 main. its been running just fine, now it has completely no pwer to it at all when i have the gas on. oh and how do i adjust my floats? all help is very much appreciated! I:I

nope...lol i checked today and even my stepbrother said it wasnt supposed to be that low. he has a toomey pipe on his and he runs a 310 main. its been running just fine, now it has completely no pwer to it at all when i have the gas on. oh and how do i adjust my floats? all help is very much appreciated! I:I

Ok first DO NOT run that motor anymore until you at least start with a 300 main, it will not last much longer at all!

Float adjustment compliments of AWK!

http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/float-heights-how-adjust-them-50565/

Last edited:
Sounds like your float is sticking

Slick beat me ! ^

If the float is free, then it isher adjusted wrong or there is a buildup of varnish or crap in the needle and seat assembly.

Revolve a cotton wool tipped stick coated with toothpaste in the seat and remove the varnish.

Awesome! I'm on here daily! Like a bad habit!

so i took the carb apart today and the main jet is a 230. i dont get how it was running good beore with a jet that small..??:-/ but i adjusted the floats a little bit and it runs better, still a little hesitation but it hits all gears good. no gas from overflow that i can see. it just needs a little more fine tuning. I:I