97 240 blaster

andrew smitty

Feb 27, 2019
So I’m new to quads and I recently puchased my first quad a 1997 Yamaha blaster with a Vito’s 240 kit hot rod crank welded shaved head v force reeds fmf pipe stuff like that so I was riding it the other day and it ran out of gas so I went to the station picked up a gallon of 93 and when I came home I realized I misplaced my mixing cup so I decided to try to use the marking on the back of the bottle to put my normal 2 ounces of oil in (ams oil dominator) so I went to pour it and I way over poured probably like 4 or 5 ounces of oil I though that it didn’t really matter so I put it in and started it up it started after a few kicks but kept bogging backfiring and not revving up then it died and wouldn’t start so I ran grabbed a new spark plug put it in kicked it once it revved up like normal and then proceeded to die now it won’t start what should I do any help would be greatly apreciated thankyou

probably fouled that new plug with that much oil in the mix

Now you're really playing Russian roulette with your engine.
Lmao i know what I did is I turned the gas off and I picked up the front of the quad and picked it up high enough the the Carb drained the gas out of the line and then I drained the gas tank mixed me gas put it in and started it started right up I’m gonna be smarter with how I run my blaster from now on too

Reactions: Awk08