96 blaster still having bog issues

Blasterjohny

Feb 6, 2020
East, Texas
Recently had a air leak so I replaced crank seals and counter sprocket seal and finally got it all back together but still having the same bog issue as before anything over 3/4 throttle starts braking up and bogging the carburetor has a 170 main jet still I plan on changing to a 270 bike has full fmf exhaust system any tips or help is greatly appreciated!

If you haven't already fried or at least badly damaged that piston with a 170 main, your next run over 3/4 throttle probably will
who and why put a 170 in it ? stock is 230.
buy 270 thru 310 mains, start large and plug chop down, or I can recommend a good shop to rebuild it for you :(

https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-plug-chop.53237/

you'll need 270, 280, 290, 300 and 310 mains and a 6 pack of B8ES plugs for the plug chops

Bike was purchased with a China carburetor on it and was bogging so I pulled the carburetor off to clean it a few months back and i seen the main jet was a 170. I can do a top end on it if necessary.. trying to get the carburetor issue figured before i rebuild and burn up a new piston

you'll need 270, 280, 290, 300 and 310 mains and a 6 pack of B8ES plugs for the plug chops[/QUOTE]

Bike was purchased with a China carburetor on it and was bogging so I pulled the carburetor off to clean it a few months back and i seen the main jet was a 170. I can do a top end on it if necessary.. trying to get the carburetor issue figured before i rebuild and burn up a new piston

you'll need 270, 280, 290, 300 and 310 mains and a 6 pack of B8ES plugs for the plug chops
[/QUOTE]
You should not waste your time with that Chinese carb. Every single part is wrong in that carb. Slide.needle. ect all wrong.
If you have the original or can find a used one. That would be your best bet.
Have you done a compression test yet. To get an idea where you are at

I haven't did a compression test yet just a leak down test.. having a hard time find a genuine mikuni or OEM carburetor everything is a China knock off do you know where I can find one? Thanks for the info

I haven't did a compression test yet just a leak down test.. having a hard time find a genuine mikuni or OEM carburetor everything is a China knock off do you know where I can find one? Thanks for the info
There are acouple members on here parting out blasters? Contact them maybe they have one?

This is what I order with a jjh needle. What size pilot and main should I run?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200707-114601.png
    Screenshot_20200707-114601.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
This is what I order with a jjh needle. What size pilot and main should I run?
It's hard to tell from the pic. The fuel lines Look like the right color? Larryshee posted something on this.Look on sudco website. They have pics of the fakes and real ones and explain the difference. The fakes are very deceiving.