4mil build

o4blastie

Dec 30, 2014
Over here By There
Finally decided to pull the trigger on the 4mil blaster build, last Monday sent the motor to KOR, so anxious to put this thing back together....also got some NOS raptor 660 heel guards coming too... gonna be sweet! Here she is all naked:)

Attachments

• 20150219_185222.jpg
    20150219_185222.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 634
next item you should upgrade is the airbox and carb.

idk what carb you have but a larger carb will benefite the LRD pipe and rip hard

also the CFM airbox is good looking, easier to take carb in/out and more flow for the pipe and porting i assume you have done

:DWell after I questioned the integrity of the port work already done, seems that maybe just casting flaws were cleaned up a bit, no agressive trail port like I want...so I'm going to leave that to the expert... I'm running stock carb I believe....with time air box and better carb.... sure she gonna rip regardless with what I'm doing....

Ken did mine, +3 and ported my 240 cylinder. I did go with a bigger carb (34mm Keihin off of a '85 ATC 250R) with a DP High Volume exhaust. I am still running the stock airbox though. I always have a smile on my face after a ride. :D

Reactions: o4blastie
How hard is it to modify the stock airbox to accommodate the 400 ex shock? Also wanted to tackle that.... can't imagine a 4mil stroked blaster on a stock rear shock, seems like I'm gonna beat my guts up for sure:eek:

I have done the 400ex rear shock swap with bushings from KOR. It barely touches my airbox, I did not do any modifications to it. I do run without the lid though.

Take off your airbox lid and the 400 shock will fit. the only thing the shock hits is the throat of the airbox, so you could even cut that off to keep the lid

Question? If I need a 12mm hole drilled to make this shock fit...instead of going on a goose hunt for a 12 millimeter drill bit which I haven't been able to find anywhere, or
20150316_184642.jpg
could I get a 15/32nds from lowes which roughly equates to 11.9mm? Does this type of stuff really gonna make a difference or am I overthinking, or can I make this happen.....didn't know if it needs to be specific...or exact.

I've used the 15/32nds, your chances of it not wobbling that .1 needed when using a hand drill are slim to none :)

Got the bottom hole drilled, and mounted rough fit for now.... still waiting on the snail mail to bring my bushings from KOR.. turned out quite well, and the little bit of wobble was just enough for a snug fit;)

Attachments

• 1426629455109.jpg
    1426629455109.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 412
Reactions: Awk08
Got a 35 pilot to replace my 32.5, any reason why one is longer than the other, or did I receive the wrong part or is it correct? I'm not sure... anyone?

Attachments

• 20150320_175820.jpg
    20150320_175820.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 453
Got a 35 pilot to replace my 32.5, any reason why one is longer than the other, or did I receive the wrong part or is it correct? I'm not sure... anyone?

they should be the same length, just different size orifices in them.
I'd say thats the wrong jet

The one on the left, stock I pulled from the carb....one on the right, the one rockymountainatv.com sent me...I've contacted them today and said they would verify if this was the correct part....waiting for a reply currently...