400 or 450 trx back shock

BlasterPat

Jan 8, 2016
New Jersey
Hi guys I'm about to pick up a new back shock for my blaster I like the 450 trx shock but are the 400 & 450 rear shock exactly the same mounting wise and whats the better choice I'm getting the kor bushings kit I just wanna know the real difference thank you. Also will banshee front shocks raise the front alot I need to know for transportation reasons say if I have both on minimum how much higher will the shees be on minimum just for transporting.

the 400ex has a centered resivour, the 450 has an offset rezzie and requires a tab to be cut off the frame.
get the 400ex..... cleanest looking, latest year you can find on ebay for around $60 or under.

I think shee shocks are the same length, maybe a 1/2" longer, no worries about transporting it, unless it's scraping the headliner of the van now ? :)

the 400ex has a centered resivour, the 450 has an offset rezzie and requires a tab to be cut off the frame.
get the 400ex..... cleanest looking, latest year you can find on ebay for around $60 or under.

I think shee shocks are the same length, maybe a 1/2" longer, no worries about transporting it, unless it's scraping the headliner of the van now ? :)

Thx awk makes sense ur right I heard u gotta cut the tab and airbox.

Anyone know will a 99-08 400ex shock go onto a 98 blaster? I read all of the shock and suspension forums, I see this is the rear shock most preferred I’m just curious if the years are compatible for mine, do u have to cut the air box for this shock or only fab the mounting bolts n bushings? Thanks for your help!!

Anyone know will a 99-08 400ex shock go onto a 98 blaster? I read all of the shock and suspension forums, I see this is the rear shock most preferred I’m just curious if the years are compatible for mine, do u have to cut the air box for this shock or only fab the mounting bolts n bushings? Thanks for your help!!
You will be fine with the 400ex shock.need top bushings. Drill bottom hole to 12mm. Will work with air box

Reactions: Inked soul