300 kit?

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
hey just wondering if anyone has heard of a 300 kit for a blaster? i was on craigslist a while ago and saw a 300 blaster. if there is one is it better than a 240 kit. and is the 265 kit better than the 240:-/

ya ive never heard of a 300 kit? 100cc increase from a bolt on kit? who knows. i wouldnt believe everything posted on craigslist. like that one dumbass who had a "Crane Cam" as one of the mods on his blaster he was selling.

i saw one on the jax craigslist i think it was a mistake if it was real it would be another engine beacuse it said 5 speed

CP Customs makes a 265 kit. I think that it is for drag racing. Here is a quote on the power that they are getting out of a 240 kit with a 4mil stroker:

"Here is a dyno run from a CPC 246 (240 big bore w/ a 4mm stroker crank). This run is from the CPC rigid drag blaster shown on this site going 4.5's. The 60hp pull was on motor and the 73hp pull was with a 16 shot of nitrous"

Hey I'm just signing up to this form it is January twenty-fifth 20 21. I'm sorry if I'm too late, I read through your question and everyone else's post! Again I'm sorry if I'm too late in my response I just found this form. I can speak all this in confidence and fact! Yes they made a 265 kit, and they 300 kit. I'm not quite sure if they stop making the 265, or and the 300 kit, but I can tell you this, as I'm making this post now and the date that I posted, it's been about 6 months, and I purchased a 2006 Yamaha Blaster for my son, I went through Vito's, because Vito's is very popular but they do actually have another company who makes a bigger head for blasters and I will do my research if you get back to me, but I did go through Vito's, with a 265 kit, which is not a big bore meaning they give you an actual 265 head that has not been bored so you're not losing material! but rather a complete jug and head which gives extra room in The Jug to be bored out, I took that ahead and had it bored out to a 300. Then I contacted vetoes, and ordered a 6 mil stroker crank, connecting rod bearings etc etc, sorry I'm rambling on. But long story short I actually have a 300cc AKA cubic inch top end with a 6 mil Stroker with the appropriate parts I did go with a 38 mil slide carb I know I could have went larger it's jetted okay I think I can go larger it screams the only problem now is I think I need to spend even more money on widening the quad I have Herman A-Arms Banshee rear axle oh my God, no matter how wide I make it the stature of the Quad is small the seat the ergonomics I got to figure something out it's too much I got to figure something out I'm not preaching to know it all but yes I just want to answer your questions get back to me I'll explain I got to run

Reactions: Slydog
Story I once heard was that the first run of the cranks were a mistake. instead of 3mil total, 1.5mm off center, they went 3 mil up & 3 mil down for a. total of six mil.
Who knows? If r.ever talk to Paul I'll have to ask, he's been there 20+ years now.