2013 Polaris Scrambler 850

nofxfan125

May 9, 2009
Freeland, PA
Anybody look at any of these yet? Looks ridiculous. I'm thinking about getting one. It looks like a 100% sport and utility all together. Here's the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
well i still think the canam is better that thing looks just like the sports man without the racks and plus the canam has more power like this one
Picture301-1.jpg

like in the video where they show the can-am rider putting along. all out i bet the can-am would blow that poslaris off the trail.

I happened to have this same convo in the chat room...

Ever notice how Yamaha and Honda don't follow the trend of putting oversized motors in 4x4s? They both make 170HP motorcycles, but they only drop 20HP-50HP motors in their ATVs. Do you think its because they can't or they know its just a nich market? BRP and Polaris like to market their high horsepower, oversized motors as a selling point. Wait 10 years and see how many of them are running without major work to the motor. Just my 10 cents.

I imagine that a 1000cc v twin could just tear itself apart over 10 years. But if maintained properly, I think the chances of that are a lot lower.

Probably quicker than the 800 can am but for sure wouldnt stand a chance with a 1000 cc model. I allways liked polaris for the awsome ride and i wouldnt mind one myself with power steering and they cost way less than the can ams. Thumbs up to this new ride!!

coming into a game already designed and dominated by can-am, polaris is late to the show again

I have friends who are techs at BRP/Polaris/Honda/Yamaha dealers. Its VERY common to see the cam-ams come in overheated enough where they melt some of the plastics located around the motor. Once again, engineering does not stop at engine size. In 2 months BRP will make a 1025, then polaris will make a sportman 1032... I'll stick to the same TRX500FA motor that Honda has made for the last 12 years.