2006 yamaha blaster project help :)

atxjoker

Aug 1, 2011
South Texas
hello fellow blaster owners, i just purchased my first blaster for $750 its running great but i know it has so much potential... i am new to the forum and would like to use this thread to get help with as much things on my bike as possible... thanks i will post pictures of the bike soon, its the one on my avatar - ATXJOKER :)

thanks i will do that ill try to make this more of a thread to keep you guys on the forum updated thanks... here's a pic of my blaster, pretty much stock...
33ndyk7.jpg

and one of some drifts, haha :)
2r38nsp.png

welcome to the forum man!!! the very first thing i would suggest is ditch the stock back tires and get some itp holeshots or razrs. my friend still has the stock balloons and gets next to no traction

looks clean and nice lol. and i here those tires are bad first thing i would do is drive it tell it breaks

thanks i will do that ill try to make this more of a thread to keep you guys on the forum updated thanks... here's a pic of my blaster, pretty much stock...
33ndyk7.jpg

and one of some drifts, haha :)
2r38nsp.png

Looks great. One thing though. We here at this forum strongly believe in helmets at all times when riding. As such all pics and vids need to have helmets worn.

yes sir got it... i ordered my fox matte black V1 helmet today along witha k&n intake and K&n fuel filter... as recommended im riding these stock tires untill there gone (probabaly next week hahaha) and ima buy some kings slasher tires along with painting my rims black... thanks guys...

i painted my front bumper flat black today along with my grab bar, foot pegs are next along with my handle bars then maybe the entire frame i sprayed 3 coats of black (2 in one primer and paint) and 2 coats of clear... i hope it will hold up good if not im gonna but the dg front frame guards... :D pics up later today...

cool stuff bro. Looks like a good find. Where is south texas are you? I live in south central texas. Nice to see another texas bro show up to the forum. Not many of us around these parts lol

i live in a town called Alamo :) its like an hour away from south padre island... btw guys i just ordered some ITP mxr6 tires for $245 shipped so far i have invested $1200 and my bike is running like a champ! and im hopping by next week it will run and look allot better with some new tires and a k&n intake... next ill be buying an fmf exhaust with stock pipe...

alright so one coat of flat black...
261du9k.jpg

three coats of black on grab bar and the same for front bumper...
vpaq8w.jpg

now 2 coats of clear...
5dqd85.jpg

finished product... front...
16lfrdj.jpg

back...
143f728.jpg

handle bars and rims are next to be painted flat black... im gonna paint the hubs for the rims blue, i hope it looks good... ill have pictures in a few days :)

looks good man. but damn dish soap an water is just as good as purple power and will save some cash. also mop n glo wood floor finish is good to put on the plastics etc cheaper and easyier than tire shiney also looks better lol.

Well I got my k&n filter yesterday afternoon And installed very quick I'll have pictures later today... :D just waiting on my Itp holeshot mxr6 tires and my fox v1 helmet :)

i got my k&n filter in, it looks nice and since my wheels are off i cant test it :(
ill put pics of my painted rims soon...
20t1jwg.jpg

here it is installed...
rs7fvn.jpg

alright so i prepped and painted my rims yesterday... heres 2 hours of sanding and prepping on all 4 wheels...
fleb7s.jpg

heres the first coat of black... followed by 2 more coats of black...
10x7erk.jpg

and finally 5 long coats of clear...
x86e0.jpg

tell me what you think... :)