2005 Yamaha blaster

Derrin

Mar 11, 2022
I just got my motor rebuilt put it all back together and may of hooked my oil pump into the carb so it was just dumping in there but I fixed it and completely cleaned the carb and the jets but now it won’t start unless I give it a little bit of gas and when it starts it’s just smoking out the exhaust I tried messing with the carb screw to get it to idle but nothing seems to help

:D
I just got my motor rebuilt put it all back together and what does this mean > may of hooked my oil pump into the carb so it was just dumping in there < ? but I fixed it<what did you “fix” and how ?? and completely cleaned the carb and the jets but now it won’t start unless I give it a little bit of gas <does this mean giving it throttle? and when it starts it’s just smoking out the exhaust < where would you like it to smoke from?:D Or do you mean excessive smoke? I tried messing with the carb screw to get it to idle but nothing seems to help

Did you do a leak down test?
Proper heat cycles?
Proper break-in?
Is the TORS unit (brick) still on top of the carb?
Which screw were you “adjusting “ ??
Explain a little clearer what was dumping into the carb and where was it dumping??

Reactions: Miker1st