2005 yamaha blaster wont start.

Oct 20, 2011
Iv got a 2005 yamaha blaster jus had a new piston and barrel cleaned up.
After i put the piston in i started the quad 2nd kick, i run 5ltr's of petrol through the quad mixed with good 2stroke and a bit juicy because new piston in 2nd gear with quarter revs. I then put in another five ltrs starting and stopping the quad all day first kick. Iwent out on the quad and after a while i came in for a 10min break after i came back out and started the quad (first kick) the quad was reving as if it was cold i drove the quad really easy in low gears thinking it needed warmed up after about 2mins the quad died i kicked it and 2nd kick it done the same as if it was cold i gave it a good rev and then drove on after 30secs the quad stopped i kicked it a few times it tried to fire then blew a puff of white smoke out the exhaust. the reeds are fine.pulled the barrel of piston and barrel are fine. dont have a clue whats wrong?

did you change the spark plug ????

sounds like you fouled a plug by running it too rich on oil, which is completely unnecessary and not recommended

mix 32:1 for break-in and forever after, extra oil during breakin prolly inhibits ring sealing

did you change the spark plug ????

sounds like you fouled a plug by running it too rich on oil, which is completely unnecessary and not recommended

mix 32:1 for break-in and forever after, extra oil during breakin prolly inhibits ring sealing

Is that what he was sayin. i couldn't understand that "real" english. lol

quad mechnanic told me that just cut them quad has been running 100% since that was a month ago, and thankyou awk08 will put the new plug in tommorow, its red and black plastics and recomendations for colour to paint frame it has white wheels alloy nerf bars and want to keep the plastics standard. :)

your crank isnt moving, the lower rod bearing is moving on the crank, and the spec limit for that is .024-.028, with the rod shoved to one side, measure the gap on the other side
look for the aluminum coating wore off the thrust washers, should see copper showing if they are spent

spec piston to wall clearence, measured from the bottom, with piston at the bottom, should be around .002-.004 between skirt and cylinder wall

was this leakdown tested, proper breakin heat cycles and retorque head and cylinder base bolts, before running it ????

Wasnt leak tested but took barrel of and u could'nt fit the 1mm over piston in without a really tight squeeze jus fits and no more, Put a 0.5 over piston in and quad runs but with a bit of slap,thats how tight the 1mm over is. don't really understand what your saying about the crank everything moves freely the quad starts but i am worried about the 2mm gap wen the crank slides left to right along the bottom bearing. are your measurements in mm?

Im about to remove the tors system on my blaster, but ive installed power reeds and use a good belray power valve synthetic. Uni air filter the orange and white one. With ballons, and i just beat a warrior 350 thats bored over 20 and has a hot cam. Are blasters usually this fast? or is mine pretty quick. I couldve sworn he was gonna beat me, and i smoked him..... :)