2005 Blaster issue

Andrew Monaco

Aug 7, 2020
Ok guys I’m new to the forum and I’m having issues.
2005 200 Blaster will start but won’t idle and only stays on while throttle is being pushed. But it starts right up just doesn’t stay running or idiling at all unless the throttle is engaged. I have cleaned the carb and all the jets and also changed the spark plug as well. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any help or things it could be will help out a lot

Have you checked the compression with a gauge.

Reeds are in front of the carb. They are small thin plates that act as a valve. If they are cracked or worn it can cause poor idle and throttle responses. 4 bolts hold them in place.

Check to make sure the tors is not cutting spark at idle. This can be done with an inline spark tester.

Have you checked the compression with a gauge.

Reeds are in front of the carb. They are small thin plates that act as a valve. If they are cracked or worn it can cause poor idle and throttle responses. 4 bolts hold them in place.

Check to make sure the tors is not cutting spark at idle. This can be done with an inline spark tester.
Ok yes I checked all the reed’s then and I’ll check compression as well just weird o had it running then this happened any other things to possibly check

Well you'll have to pull the carb to check the reeds might double check everything while you're there

So the tors system was bad and then I took it off it started right up but sounded like it was full throttle so now I don’t know what is the issue

Well you'll have to pull the carb to check the reeds might double check everything while you're there

So the tors system was bad and then I took it off it started right up but sounded like it was full throttle so now I don’t know what is the issue