2004 Blaster from Belgium

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ced64k, Sep 30, 2021.

1. ced64k

ced64k New Member

Web developer
    Hi, I'm Cédric from Belgium. I'm a little late to the party, I was dreaming of Blaster in the 90s :D

I just bought a 2004. This Blaster is street legal, has an FMF pipe and seems in good shape. I got some parts: the original rims, pipe and silencer. And also a brand new chain kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cylinder is OEM. The previous has just mount a new Vertex piston and Boyesen reed. The cylinder has been mesured and still at 66mm (something I need to verifiy :confused:)

[​IMG]

The front arms are little bit rusty but without play.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plastics are not in good shape. I'll see what I can do with a heat gun. The tyre needs to be changed.

[​IMG]

It starts without problem except it doesn't idle. The oil injection still works. The neutral is difficult to find when the engine is cold.

There are 2 holes in the airbox for the FMF pipe I think.

[​IMG]

I am a newbie so I doesn't know why the tyres are so large. I don't know if it's better to keep the original "donut" tyres size or not.

[​IMG]

Then I don't yet if I do a full rebuild or not. I have a little bit of experience with this KDX200 :p Maybe I'll start with a powdercoating of the frame and arms.

I will surely come back here with questions :)