2004 Blaster cleanup for Christmas present

Sorry for the crappy pics, but it was dark when I got done so I had to take pics in the garage again, after Christmas ill get some good outside shots, the candy green looks so good in person, the pics do not do it justice at all. Also after he gets it, we can do some more powder coating, would like to do the arms, shocks, shifter, kick start, and maybe ill finally build my bigger oven and do the frame, we will have to see.

5C536420-5306-42F5-A045-71A39869A620_zps2cxinklw.jpg

DCF44B39-F265-4E35-84B3-DB92E656E2D7_zpsq3ga5y2j.jpg

001711B0-B2C8-4DE1-BCF1-F7C627D28544_zpstgadrdvj.jpg

4CCDCC5E-F885-4492-B479-711D47C9E6DB_zpsihai2ijz.jpg

330BFD4B-88FB-48D0-B924-D70CE313A948_zpslyzd3n7z.jpg

4318B64B-2CC5-48AC-9590-7F17D007E8DD_zpsua4rwhnb.jpg

34E5F7C1-9884-4C27-A317-F043B60AD7CB_zpszma89kfv.jpg

D7A12700-4040-4804-8ABB-0F6D3D92F814_zpsyzrudgyl.jpg

DB80E0CC-C79F-4CD9-A368-49EA8A1C82D6_zpsyzpqwvke.jpg

9E91C730-FDEE-4B84-9463-3556E8E452DB_zpsdbaln3kz.jpg

Thanks guys! Our Christmas will be 22 Dec, so a week to go!
we do 22 Dec because of the schedule with my son(not step sons) he goes back to his moms Christmas eve night, so we do Christmas early anymore since we used to do it Christmas Eve morning, but he didn't get to play with much stuff by the time dinner was over and he had to go to his moms.
Just so everybody knows, I have a son of my own who turns 9 in January, a step son who turns 9 in February and another step son who just turned 15, and is the one we are giving the blaster to.

Last edited:
The tail light will probably work, but will look like a strobe :eek: , which the boy will like I:I

Rep given for being a good dad !!

Just remember you can't buy love and don't try to replace his father.

Good looking build I:I

Haha yeah I'm sure he would. I ended up leaving the stock light in, he will either have to get the rectifier and battery setup for using the hid himself or wait until another holiday for that. Can't put out anymore money right now, gotta pay down my yamaha card from all these parts lol

I'd never think about trying to replace him, I'm just me, I love working on anything with 2 or 4 wheels so this was fun other than the stress of having to do it in spurts of when he wasn't home and having him come home unexpectedly during me being in the garage. One time his mom told him we had an argument so I was in the garage working on stuff and to leave me alone. Yesterday he came home while I was out there and she told him I was in the attic going through Collin's(my son) old baby stuff trying to organize the attic. She said he kept wanting to come help ugh. Another time I opened the garage and started it to pull it around to the shed(our hiding spot) and I saw our golf cart coming up the road with him on it, I put HIDs in the cart so it was easy to spot. It was pitch black so I whipped it around back without the light on and hit the kill switch as he was pulling in the driveway. I just sat on the blaster knowing he had to of seen me, but he didn't and when he went in the house I pushed it into the shed lol

that came out great looking !
you've skirted around some close calls to getting "busted" :)
tuned in for the outcome

man that blasters turning out nice. Ive used plastidip to do wheels before but i heard its not resistant to gas. Hows it holding up on the tank? I was planning on plasti dipping mine soon.

WOW!! Props my man that thing is sexy! I've been asking for a powder coating gun & lamp for Christmas so i can do my bike up as well...stoked to hear what he has to say! I:I

Also, would deff recommend looking into heel guards for the bike...I've heard warrior guards mount up pretty easily, just an extra bracket needed

Last edited:
Thats looking awesome! make sure to video him when he sees it I:I

You really have a great setup, sandblaster, and an oven in the garage for the pc :D

you sound like an awesome step dad
Thanks!

man that blasters turning out nice. Ive used plastidip to do wheels before but i heard its not resistant to gas. Hows it holding up on the tank? I was planning on plasti dipping mine soon.
I haven't let any gas hit the dip so I'm not sure honestly

WOW!! Props my man that thing is sexy! I've been asking for a powder coating gun & lamp for Christmas so i can do my bike up as well...stoked to hear what he has to say! I:I

Also, would deff recommend looking into heel guards for the bike...I've heard warrior guards mount up pretty easily, just an extra bracket needed

Yeah it's nice to have, I've done a few bikes now. In fact I extended my oven to accommodate the front wheel on my vtx1800.
Ill have to look into them, thanks

Thank, just need a bigger oven for frames

I had an idea when i had a stock silver frame, get two electric stoves, and put them inside a "grain" bin thing we have (its about 5'x5') have to get oven bricks but i think it would have worked nicely. It you can make something you could make money off of it from others I:I

I had an idea when i had a stock silver frame, get two electric stoves, and put them inside a "grain" bin thing we have (its about 5'x5') have to get oven bricks but i think it would have worked nicely. It you can make something you could make money off of it from others I:I

Trying to picture the grain bin thing lol
I have a diagram and parts list for a 3'x3'x6' oven but just haven't had the extra loot to do it, when I have the money I spend it on car parts. I would like to get to the point where I can start making some money doing the powder coating though. I'm supposed to start plastidipping a couple golf carts a month for the dealer that we have gotta our carts from and where I got the parts for the blaster from, so that will turn some nice profit for me if they follow through so ifk I haven't gotten the oven situated by then, I'd be able to swing it then.

Ok we did our Christmas yesterday. He was speechless lol
He wants to do a couple of things, I think the first upgrade he wants to do is the diamond j customs widened front arm and shock mounts. He also wants to go twist throttle and get the hid stuff(rectifier & battery) and some hand guards.

8C65BBB1-A70E-41B4-AEE5-968A9BD7D994_zpsquw5klu7.jpg

5D48BE8C-2067-4096-A5EA-BF852DF5A799_zpstrc6t07z.jpg

Videos:

Oh and the dg rear bumper won't fit the 03+ blaster with the bigger rear brake setup, so I need to sell that and get one that will work on this one.

that was awesome !
he sure put his shoes on aweful quick after finally finding the key thru all that :)

please talk him out of a twist throttle, whiskey throttle is x10 on a quad