2002 Blaster 200 No Spark

Donovan401

Mar 28, 2016
Rhode Island
I just got a blaster 200 and the guy I got it from said that it just needed a coil. He said that the blaster had been sitting for 5 months. So I bought a new coil and spark plug. But their is still no spark, I'm new to this troubleshooting stuff so could someone please point me in the right direction on we're to start? I also do have a multimeter so I am able to work with it but like I said I'm new to this stuff. Bear with me lol, the blaster does not have a kickstart but I can try bump starting it to test for spark when needed. Help??

So I cleaned all grounds, checked all wires following a wire diagram and still nothing. Earlier I was trying to pop start it and it actually turned on for a sec then turned off instantly. Tried starter spray but had no luck. I forgot to mention the quad has been sitting with out a flywheel cover for 4-6 months. That's how long my friend told new hen I got it last week but any advice would be great. Btw does anyone have any spear parts anything would help no matter what it is I plan on reviving this bike. Special thanks to dirty squared for the kickstart assembly!

I'm not 100% sure that it's a 2002 can any one confirm?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 223
I don't have the tool to remove the fly wheel but I plan on getting one it's greatly needed lol and thanks jbuck for the feedback, I just wanted to know the time period so I can order pieces, their must be a way to remove the flywheel without the special tool right?

I don't have the tool to remove the fly wheel but I plan on getting one it's greatly needed lol and thanks jbuck for the feedback, I just wanted to know the time period so I can order pieces, their must be a way to remove the flywheel without the special tool right?

Many have tried, most have failed. Just get a flywheel removal tool.

Are you trying to run it without a clutch cover? It's missing in that pic.

Reactions: Donovan401