2001 blaster not running right

Where do i look next

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

0200yamaha

Feb 18, 2017
So i traded a sled for this 01 blaster couple days ago, starts right up will rev fine and all, as soon as you put a load on it no power at all, if the rear tires spin on ice revs up fine, going down the road not so much, already unplugged all the tor system, cleaned carb, new plug, checked reed, comperssion is right at 120psi.

Leak test done?

What is the jets in the carb?
Let us know you elevation and temperature and any mods done on bike ie: aftermarket exhaust, airbox lid on or off.

Plug chop to check jetting.

Lots or smoke? or oil out exhaust?

Last edited:
Leak test done?

What is the jets in the carb?
Let us know you elevation and temperature and any mods done on bike ie: aftermarket exhaust, airbox lid on or off.

Plug chop to check jetting.
Plug comes out clean, not white or black, looks brand new, bike is stock, maybe plugged exhaust or woodruff key?

Sounds lean > white looks like new. Your looking for Tan color. 850- 870 degrees cyl. Head temp, after short WOT ride.

Last edited:
I havnt riden it enough to get a good plug reading, tore carb back apart nothing there still, still doing the same thing. Has no power as soon as you start moving, I lift the rear of the quad and still does the same off the ground