• Smaller jet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonathanC92

Feb 2, 2021
My 2000 blaster 200 revs really high

Only way of sorting d rev is to pull choke

Idle on top of carb does nothing but spin

Before I gave up set air screw back to fully closed right and there's no problem with it high reving anymore

Do I need bigger jets or smaller jets
Is my carb busted
Possible air leak?

My blaster is completely stock just put in a fresh wiseco piston

Has the tors unit attached to top of Carb but it's completely disconnected

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Stop running it until you figure this out or that new piston will get it's azz beat.
the bike should not start or idle with the airscrew turned the whole way in, I'm calling an airleak

it would also help to get a TORS delete cap and idle screw kit from Vito's Performance or eBay
you'll need some way to hold the slide open a little for it to idle correctly, and since your stock screw on the carb just spins, you need the kit mentioned above

you only need bigger jets if you modified the air flow into or out of the engine .... aftermarket pipe or aftermarket air filter and/or lid off the airbox.

did you .....
leakdown test it after the rebuild ? search on here for leakdown test and air leaks
apply a thin coat of permatex copper or yamalube to the intake gaskets during reassembly
do 3 heat cycles and retorque head and base gaskets ?
use new gaskets ?

Reactions: JonathanC92
I did leak down test it no drop in pressure atall I actually think it's a airleak around the carb itself

I've put new gaskets in as they came with wiseco top end kit

I have the air box cover taking off as the last full rebuild it wouldn't hit the power unless it was off was like it was bogging will I put it back on to see is there a difference

I'll have to leaktest it again to see is there a difference this time around

I'll apply Yamalube to intake this time as I thought was a good seal to begin with

I thought was very strange that it actually idled with air screw whole way in so I had it running for like 15secs max and haven't started since(wiseco pistons ain't cheap)

I appreciate your time for replying and will post a update soon as I have one

Thanks

Reactions: Awk08
As it turns it wasn't a airleak did leak down test no drop in pressure atall for 20mins so was kinda stumped

Sealed off the whole carb was still the exact same was kinda stumped

Read through the treads on this and they were talking about a gold spring in the idle of the tors unit

Tryed and tryed to get gold spring out couldn't get it to release from housing but moving it around so much I actually put in back into place and screw was working again

Turns out that was the exact problem as it's idling perfect now with air screw out 1.5 turns just had to adjust idle and ran perfectly

Now just heat cycle new piston and all should be good

Thanks for your help anyways pal

Reactions: Slydog
Glad you figured it out.
So it was holding throttle open enough for a high idle.
Most delete the whole tors system because it's known to cause all kinds of problems:mad:

Reactions: JonathanC92
Was a head scratcher alright

Ya musta been it alright it was running 100% I even sold it within a hour of posting it online

There a definite sought after quad
It's just a shame I had so much trouble with my one woulda loved to have kept it but unfortunately it was costing me alot more money then it was worth needed some of the cash back

Let's hope in near future can get my hands on another one

Cheers for your help anyways mate