19CC Hemi head and 19.5CC Toroidal head comparison...PICTURES ENCLOSED!

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
I just cut these the other day. These will eventually get tested in conjunction with my "Aggresive Desert" port work.
Lots of testing to be done. Might test a "piston boost port" along with this.

Side by side...toroidal on the left
100_3452.jpg

19.5 CC Toroidal 50% 11 degree squish
100_3464.jpg

19 CC Hemi 50% 11 degree squish
100_3466.jpg

Flash picture of Toroidal
100_3457.jpg

Flash picture of Hemi
100_3458.jpg

Toroidal
100_3460.jpg

Hemi
100_3461.jpg

Last edited:
fill me in on the toroidal head? i have no clue what that means lol

The toroidal started out (first cut) at 25 CC's. I then went down on chamber size a little bit at a time until I hit 19.5 CC's

Cutting your own head is very simple. This is something that you can do at home (with a lathe or use a friends). Another plus is that you can change things back within a few minutes by swapping heads,or try a different design. This would make a great project for any machine shop class.

Build your arbor,and then use the arbor you just built to re-chamber your own head. :)

Looks like the charge would be more "Controlled" to center of piston with the toroidal head as the sides are flat! Interesting what this will equate to power!

Typically a toroidal head makes more power in the mid range than a hemi.
If you get it right, you can make as much as a hemi, but more torque in mid-range.
Triplecrown, you are running a 25cc toroidal, how is it working compared to the 23cc hemi?
I bolted the danged thing on and I only got 15 minutes on it, haven't him since.
It felt pretty good to me, ran the flat track a gear up from the hemi and crazy fast.

Slick, just what are you putting in that cool aid man?...

I like the Toroidal head, the difference in the power from both were like you said. the hemi would help the motor pull as you whined it up, The toroidal seems to punch abit sweeter where the "pipe comes on" and leveling off abit where the hemi will keep going.

We havnt done a squish test yet and i bet ours could be closed up abit more, This may help the top end?? Joes is Bang-on to what we were thinking