1999 Yamaha blaster Burns oil HELP

Sep 17, 2019
Ok so picked up this Yamaha blaster that burns oil fast but doesn’t smoke a lot. I think I can smell it. I add oil then run it for five minutes then it’s gone.Could this be the right crank seal?
Bike had a new cylinder/top end
Starts first kick and has good compression but I’m just worried about the oil

It could be the right crank seal or the gasket between both case halves leaking the trans fluid into the crankcase. It seems odd to me that it isn’t noticeable at the rate you say it’s burning it. Usually you would have lots of smoke coming from the exhaust. Have you looked around the engine to see if it’s leaking out anywhere else? Shifter seal, drain plug...ect.

You are talking about the oil in the transmission right? Not the tank under the seat for the 2 stroke engine oil?

It could be the right crank seal or the gasket between both case halves leaking the trans fluid into the crankcase. It seems odd to me that it isn’t noticeable at the rate you say it’s burning it. Usually you would have lots of smoke coming from the exhaust. Have you looked around the engine to see if it’s leaking out anywhere else? Shifter seal, drain plug...ect.
I can’t see any oil leaking bout I can see the oil level go down right after a ride and it’s milky.

Yeah the milky color is from the trans oil and crankcase gases mixing. I would see about doing a leak down test. If the pressure drops use some soapy water around the crank seals and even intake while your at it. If there’s bubbles you got an air leak. If it’s the gasket between both case halves you won’t see anything but the pressure drop.

Yeah the milky color is from the trans oil and crankcase gases mixing. I would see about doing a leak down test. If the pressure drops use some soapy water around the crank seals and even intake while your at it. If there’s bubbles you got an air leak. If it’s the gasket between both case halves you won’t see anything but the pressure drop.
Ok im gonna buy a whole deal kit and replace the right seals

Be sure to replace both seals. Actually it’s a good preventative maintenance item.
Yea I will. Seems like it smokes a bit of blue smoke. Not much white smoke. After I changed the oil it was smoking a lot of blue smoke though. If the crank seals were blown would there be gas in the tranny oil?