1998 blaster won’t idle without throttle

Oct 12, 2018
so I have a 1998 blaster that would take forever to start and I had to use starting fluid every time I started it up, but one time it backfired and smoke came out from behind the flywheel, so I knew the crank seals were bad and I replaced them now runs better but it won’t idle. I have cleaned the carburetor, but that didn’t help. The reeds are fine, and I use 32 1 mix. Any help would be great!

Thanks for posting the solution !!

Actually it was just not warmed up when I put the screw in. The problem was the TORS box has an arm that the throttle cable goes on to, and a shaft that goes through it, that hooks up to another cable that goes into the carburetor. Well those two arms were out of alignment, so my idle was way off, and I was not getting full throttle. Please spread the word of the solution because I’ve never heard of it before .

Reactions: Seminoles1
Actually it was just not warmed up when I put the screw in. The problem was the TORS box has an arm that the throttle cable goes on to, and a shaft that goes through it, that hooks up to another cable that goes into the carburetor. Well those two arms were out of alignment, so my idle was way off, and I was not getting full throttle. Please spread the word of the solution because I’ve never heard of it before .
I’m having the same problem did you figure out a solution yet