1974 yamaha mx175

03blasterboy

Jul 3, 2012
Iowa
I know its not a four wheeler but its still pretty cool, i was just wanting to no if any of you guys could help me on it. I need help finding parts and stuff about it, so if any of you guys fixed one up and could help that would be great. ThanksI:I
I can try and post pics tommorow.:D

well i need alot of things, heres some of the list: piston, rings, air filter/airbox assembly, throttle, carb, right side panel, headlight number plate thing, all cables, new sprockets and chain, fly wheel cover, and grips but those should not be hard to find at all. I would like to know where stuff on the bike goes too like the cdi box and the muffler it was mega jerry rigged on there when i got it. i have a friend of my dads that his dad say he could fix my carb but it may or may not work.

Last edited:
On the right side of the page you posted, it says "Links to share this photo". Click on the code on the right side of the IMG spot

On the right side of the page you posted, it says "Links to share this photo". Click on the code on the right side of the IMG spot

oh i was doing it right the first time then, when i click it it turns yellow and says ''copied'' then it goes back to normal and i cant right click either

oh i was doing it right the first time then, when i click it it turns yellow and says ''copied'' then it goes back to normal and i cant right click it either

i think i figured it out.I:I

Yeah, youneed a new carb :eek: no fixing that one. Looks like it came fromthe bottom of the ocean. One from a newer 85 might work good.

Don't know how much you want to dump into that, but if the piston and bore mic good could just put rings in it. Have to clean and hone bore. Don't bother with new piston unless you bore it. Actually surprised number of pistons available on Egay. Didn't look for other parts, that's your job :D 8-|

yeah the sprockets are bad some one flipped the back one around so they could ride on it even more but i have heard that they bend super fast when you do that. this is gonna cost me a lot and i was wanting to start racing my blaster this year too so im thinking that this project is going to be set aside till i start racing besides it sits a lil to tall for me anyways.

yeah the sprockets are bad some one flipped the back one around so they could ride on it even more but i have heard that they bend super fast when you do that. this is gonna cost me a lot and i was wanting to start racing my blaster this year too so im thinking that this project is going to be set aside till i start racing besides it sits a lil to tall for me anyways.

This is about the worst thing that one can do, it causes extreme stress on the chain.

Please promise me that you will not even dream of riding it like that.

nope, i did that once on a bike it almost broke the case and it ripped the seat because the chain broke my friend did that and we learned our lesson i dont even have a chain for it though so im gonna buy the whole set for like 60 bucks after i start racing hare scrambles