04 blaster rebuild

Allen L

Sep 7, 2018
Hello Blaster forum ! I have recently bought a blaster and it was mking a bit of a knocking sound steady (same sound i have heard many blasters make in person and on youtube even in videos where they they was hyping it not just trying to fix) yet never really lost any power but didnt feel like iit sould be making that sound to me. Then it started idling high and not wanting to run smooth. Then it wont start and feels a lil easier to kick over. So guess it is top end right? No horrible sounds or big smoke cloud. Is this a job I should tackle myself or can someone reccomend a place in indiana? Columbus indiana to be exact. Thanks for reading

Hello Blaster forum ! I have recently bought a blaster and it was mking a bit of a knocking sound steady (same sound i have heard many blasters make in person and on youtube even in videos where they they was hyping it not just trying to fix) yet never really lost any power but didnt feel like iit sould be making that sound to me. Then it started idling high and not wanting to run smooth. Then it wont start and feels a lil easier to kick over. So guess it is top end right? No horrible sounds or big smoke cloud. Is this a job I should tackle myself or can someone reccomend a place in indiana? Columbus indiana to be exact. Thanks for reading

Two tests you should do first before you go tearing it apart. Compression to determine if you need a top end.
Leak down to see if that caused failure..

A Clymers repair manual or htt://www.blasterforum.com/threads/yamaha-blaster-parts-service-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids.51169/ should help you to decide if you're up to the task.

DO NOT
get an eBay cheep, junk engine kit.

QUALITY doesn't cost, it pays.
If you have any questions please feel free to post them.

Two tests you should do first before you go tearing it apart. Compression to determine if you need a top end.

A Clymers repair manual or htt://www.blasterforum.com/threads/yamaha-blaster-parts-service-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids.51169/ should help you to decide if you're up to the task.

DO NOT

If you have any questions please feel free to post them.[/QUO
Do you think that
even needs done considering now it is way easier to kick over? Cause i would have to rent a tool like that. And i dont believe half assing stuff for lack of a better term. I want it right and to start easy etc. What is your take on big bore kit. Is it hard to get it carb nd all dialed? I had a banshee and h

DO NOT

If you have any questions please feel free to post them.
I would have to rent such a tool so do you think i need to considering it kicks over so easy now? And no i dont beleive in cheap things being a good route usually ! if i gotta spend it i dont want to replace it or make junk work. What is your take on big bore kit and how hard are they to get right where it starts easy etc.? What brand even i have no idea. I had a banshee rebuilt at the dealer long time ago and despite what they said it wasnt right but it was in the carbs so i attempted to resolve that many times and couldnt lol