03 blaster will not rev. not tors or parking brake.

Brad Metzler

Apr 11, 2014
Hi everyone. Just picked up my first blaster as a project. The previous owner could not get it to start. I then preceded to check the stator as it was replaced. Guess what! No wood druff key and it was a t +10 timing. I put everything back right and it started right up but would not rev. I then cut the connectors off for the tors and and spliced them together at the ecu side and them unplugged the parking break. It still will not rev. Any suggestions. I was thinking it was the cdi. Or could the guy put a bad stator in it

compression test?
clogged exhaust or intake?
clean carb?
new plug?
fresh gas?
throttle carb is pulling carb slide all the way up? there is a screw on thumb throttle to make sure it is turned all the way out.

Thanks for all the quick replys. I put a brand new ngk b8es no change. Checked the reeds-good. All the jets are clean and it is opening the full way. The stator from what I believe is a cheap ebay generic one. It has full fmf exhaust on it and compression is good. I will check the exhaust tomorrow. Before I did the tors I cleaned the carb but I somehow lost the main jet washer. Could it be the main jet washer?

The missing brass washer should not stop it revving up but it will upset the needle and main jet performance.

Do not try to tune it without the washer in place.

It is spliced at the cdi side and at the tors above the carb. The exhaust has no restrictions. I am still thinking it is the stator. The spark looks pretty weak. Could a bad stator be doing this?

Yes it's probably a junk rm or ricky. Test it first before buying a new one but if it's that junk it will probably need replacement.

no reply to any of this mr. metzler ?
you were on today @ 2:21 PM
your usual friday jaggin off at work,
except not as slick ha ? :)

no reply to any of this mr. metzler ?
you were on today @ 2:21 PM
your usual friday jaggin off at work,
except not as slick ha ? :)
Haha no and maybe? i was on to do the grounded green wire.
So from what i read i ground that green and white wire from the stator, which i did and it would not start. i actually touched it and it shocked me. did i do this correctly?