How To Remove Your TORS (03-06 models)

So basically what I'm seeing is this, the yellow/black wire from CDI just goes to a black wire which would be ground?

So basically what I'm seeing is this, the yellow/black wire from CDI just goes to a black wire which would be ground?

Much appreciated, after that it still wouldn't start but like I said previously I have parts on order to do full tors delete on it already did the top end so hopefully it will be running soon. Thanks again

Much appreciated, after that it still wouldn't start but like I said previously I have parts on order to do full tors delete on it already did the top end so hopefully it will be running soon. Thanks again
If you wire everything as stated in that link, it should start. Is the tors system still plugged in? Where did to splice the black/yellow? It splits in the harness, so after a certain point, you would possibly need to splice it twice. I went about 3 inches from the cdi, cut the wire and spliced it into a black ground.

If you wire everything as stated in that link, it should start. Is the tors system still plugged in? Where did to splice the black/yellow? It splits in the harness, so after a certain point, you would possibly need to splice it twice. I went about 3 inches from the cdi, cut the wire and spliced it into a black ground.
I spliced them together under the hood,. But I also traced all of it and removed it from the carb and thumb throttle all thats left is the wire from CDI spliced to ground

Hmmm, do you have a parking brake? If not, that wire needs to be deleted. If the parking brake wire is grounded it won’t start either. I’m just trying to think what could cause it.

Hmmm, do you have a parking brake? If not, that wire needs to be deleted. If the parking brake wire is grounded it won’t start either. I’m just trying to think what could cause it.
Yes it still has the parking brake system, should I just completely take that out too? And also what exactly does the tors system do? Cut spark?

That's good to know, bought it not running for cheap just working out the issues as I go at this point
In that case. Check your stator for voltage and resistance. I once had a stator that appeared good. I had electrical and spark, but it was too weak. Changing the stator, it fired right up.

In that case. Check your stator for voltage and resistance. I once had a stator that appeared good. I had electrical and spark, but it was too weak. Changing the stator, it fired right up.
Do you know what I should be looking for? Ohms or voltage? And where should it range? I appreciate all the help so far from you guys

If someone makes a full tors delete video for 03+ I’ll send them a new SD card lol

Ok so let’s get this straight if you want to remove tors completely just cut yellow/black stripe wires 1-3” back from cdi box and splice it to ground, if you want to delete park brake switch it’s green/yellow stripe wire and it need to be open so it can be cut at cdi box and sealed with a piece of heat shrink. Correct me if I’m wrong please.

Correct, yellow/black from CDI send it to ground, as far as the parking brake just unplug it under the hood like everyone else recommends and youll be good. I went further and cut it away from carb cap and traced it into my harness and removed all that too and got the Vito tors removal cap and cable as well

Reactions: DieselFreak
Correct, yellow/black from CDI send it to ground, as far as the parking brake just unplug it under the hood like everyone else recommends and youll be good. I went further and cut it away from carb cap and traced it into my harness and removed all that too and got the Vito tors removal cap and cable as well
Thanks man I appreciate that that’s what I thought, yeah that’s the route I’m going as well wanting to clean it up and simplify it not that it’s not already simple, I started to delete it because bike wouldn’t run for crap and I wiggles the wires going to tors and it ran great and the man crapped out again so I deleted it and it won’t start but I’ve determined the cdi box is crap so I got that on the way, next step will be pull stator and clean up and advance timing not sure if that actually makes any difference on how well the bike will run

No prob, also something I just did was take the harness away from the rear end and ran it straight up the frame under the hood and if you're not running a tail light all you'll have is the orange wire and a ground running to your coil, looks nice and clean that way. And to my understanding playing with the timing will affect where your power is going to be, dont quote me on that tho lol

So.....cut the yellow/black stripe, ground to frame, disconncet harness at carb, disconnect both ends wiring plugs set to brake switch. Done. Is this it?

Yellow/black from CDI to black ground wire cut away from carb and trace back to harness cut out and tape off, same with thumb throttle, just go a little back on this same page and read it you'll be all set