How To Remove Your TORS (03-06 models)

I'm a bit confused with this phrase: "You will have two wires (black and yellow) left with no connector. one set under hood, one set under seat. Once again, make sure you have cut the connectors on ECU side not carb and throttle side."

Is there anther connector I have to cut and splice under the seat? I think you meant that only the connector from the ecu under the hood is the ONLY ONE that is spliced. Correct?

I've seen some say you must connect the 2 wires at the cdi, AND the same 2 the carb. But that makes zero sense. As the 2 coming out of the cdi ARE the same 2 as back at the carb.
Try the 2 @ the cdi first and if that doesn't work give the 2 @ the carb a try also

Reactions: darealblaster
I've seen some say you must connect the 2 wires at the cdi, AND the same 2 the carb. But that makes zero sense. As the 2 coming out of the cdi ARE the same 2 as back at the carb.
Try the 2 @ the cdi first and if that doesn't work give the 2 @ the carb a try also

Alright, thanks AWK!

Reactions: ttracer6x
Alright, for anyone with doubts. You ONLY have to cut the connector that comes from the ECU UNDER THE HOOD and splice them. You don't have to splice the ones in the carb.

Reactions: lucknuts
THIS IS FOR 03-06 BLASTERS ONLY ... THERE IS ALREADY A 20+ PAGE THREAD ON REMOVAL FOR OLDER MODELS.

So, When doing my build I had to remove TORS on my 03-06 blaster. I looked on here and other than a few descriptions I could not find a definitive explanation with pics so here it is.

The TORS unit on the 03-06 is built into the ECU, so it cannot be fully removed ... it is very easy however to send a loopback signal to the ECU to fool it into thinking the TORS is still installed so aftermarket carbs etc. can be installed.

Step 1 - Locate and unplug the two following connectors.

The first is under the hood and can be found by following down the wires from the thumb throttle, It looks like this -

2lwoeag.jpg

You will find the second, If you trace the wires coming out of the TORS unit located on the top of your carb. It is pictured here - (already unplugged)

2vxhpi0.jpg

At this point you can unplug both connectors. You will be left with what is pictured above.

You can now remove the wires and switch from within the thumb throttle you will not need them.

You do not need to remove anything from the TORS unit itself (located on top of carb) unless you want too. If so, you will need a new carb cap, idle screw (with drill and tap) a file or mill to straighten air screw hole and a new throttle cable). It is suggested you do this, and you can buy a kit with all necessary items here. I will not cover this as the kit comes with full instructions.
Blaster tors eliminator kit W/ Idle screw kit 88-2006 | eBay

So back to the TORS. Now that you have both connectors unplugged you will need to cut them off (connectors on ECU side not carb and throttle side)

You will have two wires (black and yellow) left with no connector. one set under hood, one set under seat. Once again, make sure you have cut the connectors on ECU side not carb and throttle side.

Lastly, strip the ends of the wires and splice the yellow and black wires together where they have been cut. (you must splice both sets).

Here is what you should have - (hood side shown only, though you must also splice rear set)
2lvzd3q.jpg

At this point I would suggest you solder them for good connection and then cap them. If doing quickly you can just tape em off after splicing.

You have now fooled the TORS within the ECU into thinking the connection is made even though it is not. You can leave the TORS unit on top of your carb unplugged with no problems, but it is highly suggested you buy a removal kit located in the link above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much.....This was the tip I needed . Sat over a month cuz I ran outta stuff to check. Looped back to the ECU. I knew my carb rebuild couldnt be that bad!! Started on 2d kick ! Thanks again....... Beats

Did a carb rebuild and tors removal complete w/cap and throttle cable. Hooked it up, started and died on its own twice. Late night so i figured adjust air and idle in a.m. Cut the wires and wont even start now. Can the wires themselves be removed? I could only find a video on an older blaster, 2001 i think. This told me to snip certain locations but the brain was different. So i cut the yellow black wire @ the ecu. This is when it refused to start.

Can i just run a ground to the nub @ the ecu to "fool" it? Again my entire tors wiring harness has been removed, all that remains is the nub atthe ecu harness. Please help. Kinda bumming as it started before i went cut happy and this was my first carb. Felt good when it started right up. I do still have ALL deleted parts.

This told me to snip certain locations but the brain was different. So i cut the yellow black wire @ the ecu. This is when it refused to start.

Can i just run a ground to the nub @ the ecu to "fool" it? Again my entire tors wiring harness has been removed, all that remains is the nub atthe ecu harness. Please help. Kinda bumming as it started before i went cut happy and this was my first carb. Felt good when it started right up. I do still have ALL deleted parts.

cut and connect the yellow/black stripe to the solid black, coming directly out of the ECU, that fools it.
just as the pics show.....

2lvzd3q.jpg

once those are connected and the ECU fooled, none of the other wiring matters, not at the throttle or the carb, as the circut that monitors them is jumped together upstream of them.

Mint! Worked wicked pissah. Starts first kick even got my idle and air screws dialed in. Idling mint. Prob gotta do a more permanent connection but "fooling" the ecu was it. Thanks!!! New to ALL of this and Blaster Forum has been clutch. Thx Awk08

Hi there,

I know this is an old post but I'd appreciate some advice regarding TORS removal from a 2003 Blaster.

If you can have a look at that and tell me if it is actually the tors system or can you suggest anything else before I start cutting wires!

If it is the tors, I was wondering which side is the ECU side, I got it for the under the hood wire but for the other one under the seat I'm not sure.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=5919088947899592498&oid=115542237699479564057

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=5919088908110946354&oid=115542237699479564057

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!

My blaster do the same thing did you find out if it were the tors .. did u fix it ?

Alright, for anyone with doubts. You ONLY have to cut the connector that comes from the ECU UNDER THE HOOD and splice them. You don't have to splice the ones in the carb.

Hey bro can you tell me how I can remove the tors on my 2005 blaster

THIS IS FOR 03-06 BLASTERS ONLY ... THERE IS ALREADY A 20+ PAGE THREAD ON REMOVAL FOR OLDER MODELS.

So, When doing my build I had to remove TORS on my 03-06 blaster. I looked on here and other than a few descriptions I could not find a definitive explanation with pics so here it is.

The TORS unit on the 03-06 is built into the ECU, so it cannot be fully removed ... it is very easy however to send a loopback signal to the ECU to fool it into thinking the TORS is still installed so aftermarket carbs etc. can be installed.

Step 1 - Locate and unplug the two following connectors.

The first is under the hood and can be found by following down the wires from the thumb throttle, It looks like this -

2lwoeag.jpg

You will find the second, If you trace the wires coming out of the TORS unit located on the top of your carb. It is pictured here - (already unplugged)

2vxhpi0.jpg

At this point you can unplug both connectors. You will be left with what is pictured above.

You can now remove the wires and switch from within the thumb throttle you will not need them.

You do not need to remove anything from the TORS unit itself (located on top of carb) unless you want too. If so, you will need a new carb cap, idle screw (with drill and tap) a file or mill to straighten air screw hole and a new throttle cable). It is suggested you do this, and you can buy a kit with all necessary items here. I will not cover this as the kit comes with full instructions.
Blaster tors eliminator kit W/ Idle screw kit 88-2006 | eBay

So back to the TORS. Now that you have both connectors unplugged you will need to cut them off (connectors on ECU side not carb and throttle side)

You will have two wires (black and yellow) left with no connector. one set under hood, one set under seat. Once again, make sure you have cut the connectors on ECU side not carb and throttle side.

Lastly, strip the ends of the wires and splice the yellow and black wires together where they have been cut. (you must splice both sets).

Here is what you should have - (hood side shown only, though you must also splice rear set)
2lvzd3q.jpg

At this point I would suggest you solder them for good connection and then cap them. If doing quickly you can just tape em off after splicing.

You have now fooled the TORS within the ECU into thinking the connection is made even though it is not. You can leave the TORS unit on top of your carb unplugged with no problems, but it is highly suggested you buy a removal kit located in the link above.
If i do this my blaster is not gonna boo out no more ???

the solid black and yellow/black stripe wire MUST be connected to fool the TORS electronics........

2lvzd3q.jpg

if you deleted the yellow/black stripe (?) you'll need to find a way to replace it so it can be spliced,
or get a new CDI/TORS unit and wiring harnes, or whatever it takes to replace that yellow/black wire.
this bike will never run without a stock, unmolested, working tors sytem or properly cut/connected wiring.

Yes I know this is a old post but I think every one is still using it sents it's very helpful for most. I'm motorcycle tech that took a 03 blaster as a side job. Was showing the signs of tors not working properly so I did as this form was talking about and it will not even start. Unit ran befor has spark rebuilt carb and fresh set of reeds. I cut and spliced yellow black under hood and at carb. Any ideas what I did wrong or etc is going on. Just don't understand what I did wrong. Any help would be great !!

I’m doing this next week on my 04. If I get around to it, I’ll make a video.
Did you ever get around to making a video of the tors delete? I bought a not running 05 and have some new parts on the way, including the tors delete kit.