01, No Spark

Gustin12

Feb 18, 2014
I have an 01 Blaster that is getting no spark what so ever. It HAS been sitting for awhile, probably around 2 years now. I'll give you the whole scenario, because this makes no sense. I wrecked it around 2 years back, flipped it upside down and everything. I flipped it back, gave the oil time to run back down, kicked it and it started up fine. Had plenty of power, ran perfect. My steering was messed up so I went home, tore the front end down and fixed my steering. I went to kick it 2-3 days after it had just ran, and nothing. Seemed to have no compression. A little bit ago I stuck new rings in it, and it started. It ran like crap, had hardly any compression, no power, and smoked like crazy. Went to work on it a couple weeks back, cleaned the reeds, cleaned the carb, etc. Checked for spark, and nothing!! Not even the slightest bit of spark!(Has been rode hard! I race it, and ride it pretty hard)

Is the oil injection system still on or do you pre mix.

Over time grounds can get dirty and stop good electrical contact.

If it has been standing for 2 years the crankshaft oil seals may be unserviceable.

It would pay to leak test the engine.

Is the oil injection system still on or do you pre mix.

Over time grounds can get dirty and stop good electrical contact.

If it has been standing for 2 years the crankshaft oil seals may be unserviceable.

It would pay to leak test the engine.
I pre-mix! I've gone over all the wires, cleaned the connections and tried disabling the killswitch and still nothing, I'll be sure to try that! Thanks for the info!

Crack open the stator side and see how the flywheel/stator looks. Water could have made its way in there onto the flywheel. Maybe rats chewed through some wires. If all checks out there, grab an OHM meter and start testing.

Crack open the stator side and see how the flywheel/stator looks. Water could have made its way in there onto the flywheel. Maybe rats chewed through some wires. If all checks out there, grab an OHM meter and start testing.
Yeah that did cross my mind, was planning to try that tomorrow!