Yz490 swapped drag blaster nitrous mod?

Mar 15, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hey guys was wondering what premix ratio everyone was running? Also how hard would it be to out nitrous on this motor? Would I need a electric fuel pump? Just built the motor --port polished head
-Milled
-Head mod
-boysen reeds
-drag pipe (in process)
+6 swingarm

If you need to ask about premix ratio you should not be messing with nitrous. There's a lot more that goes into nitrous then you think. I won't get into details as it will never happen. A little research on your side will prove this point.
On another note most run 32:1
You can premix anywhere in the 25:1 to 50:1 safely as long as you jet it correctly. Obviously fuel, etc plays a big part in that.

If you need to ask about premix ratio you should not be messing with nitrous. There's a lot more that goes into nitrous then you think. I won't get into details as it will never happen. A little research on your side will prove this point.
On another note most run 32:1
You can premix anywhere in the 25:1 to 50:1 safely as long as you jet it correctly. Obviously fuel, etc plays a big part in that.
Befor you jump the gun, I was just asking. A buddy of mine said he was running 50:1 but his bike was poorly jetted and he wonders why he's rebuilding it all the time... I know what jetting needs to be spot on. Their has to be enough fuel so you don't melt the top of your piston. I'm just not understanding how I would wire a electric fuel pump considering that their is no battery. I'm not trying to put 100 shot of nitrous to it. I'm not stupid. I just want a little more pep of the line when I go up against the banshees.

Reactions: BackWoods17
I'm not jumping the gun. I'm being honest.. 50:1 is fine if jetted correctly. Changing your oil to fuel ratio without jetting it accordingly he will be in the same boat. If you need to run a electric fuel pump and can't figure out wiring for it.... Simply put u need a 12v dc source and that is easiest attained by a battery. You will never beat a banshee off the line even with nitrous. Nitrous eats pistons and you want to put this little one lunger on it. Not gonna happen. You will never keep a head sealed and not blow it off without some major redesign. You will blow out crank seals within minutes. Your buddy bike would be way more reliable then this one. Plus we have not even got into what system. I'm done with this nos topic. Do some research and you will realize it's a pipe dream and thank me later.

Yeah, what Dualstroke said, I couldn't say it any better.
I have a stock KTM 250 in a Blaster and it will outrun a Banshee as is.
100 lbs less weight and 15 more HP.

For swingarm length consider +3" to +4" unless you are dragging or hill climbing.
Any more and all it does is spin.
With +3" I get great traction and can loft at any time with body positioning for control.

My experience with nitrous in Ford Mustangs resulted in head gasket failures and case hardening stripped off the transmission teeth. If you wanna play, ya gotta pay. You better have some spare YZ490 motors available.

Jetting is EVERYTHING with a 2 stroke.
Jetted right it is a powerhouse that will last for years, jetted wrong it is a dog soon to die.

Last edited:
Reactions: blasterboy91
Nitrous and turbo are two "normal" power adders that just don't work well on a 2S. Not saying they can't, but it takes a lot of work :(

Good porting, increased compression, good head design, racegas, drag pipe!!