yfz healguards no brackets needed

scotj77

Feb 11, 2010
Orlando, fl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've kinda been dreading doing these bc i thought it would be a total pain in the butt. but it only took me 30 min. I don't know why people make brackets for these you can just flip some of the brackets on the healguard over and bend the mounting rods a little and it bolts right up. i did this whole thing with two pairs of channle locks a screwdriver and a 13mm wrench.

if you have a set of yfz heal guards you can compare the pics. In this one you can see the top right bracket on the guard has been flipped upsidedown and the rod tweeked alitte

102jvd0.jpg

ofd9o1.jpg

In this one you can see the mounts on the guard have been bent away from the quad to line up with the holes on the foot pegs. i also flipped the bracket on the outside mounting rod on the guard

21ll3x0.jpg

In this one you can see i cut the plastic on the guard alittle to clear the brake and did the same thing as the other side on the mounting stuff

wwkzgi.jpg

Reactions: super noober
we're finding out that the newer years of these yfz'z and the rappy's are a little different than the older ones, mine needed brackets to sit where i wanted them, bottom above the peg, and my kicker doesnt hit, but my heel does if i dont kick with my heel

did you use brackets noobs ?????

did you use brackets noobs ?????

yeah, the frames on my heel guards are black and appear one piece but ive never actually looked into that. my frame is so old that i didnt even have the stock heel guard brackets so mine has custom mouting points and fabbed brackets lol.

These are actually rappy 250 heel guards. I searched on ebay using these pics as a reference and none of the yfz's looked right so I looked for rappy ones and the 250's look exactly like these. Not trying to be a dick, just thought letting anyone who wants to do this know that these are the rappy 250 ones.

Reactions: the Dude