Yamaha Snowmobile

quadsrus1

Oct 4, 2011
Red Lion'PA
Hey i just picked up a Yamaha Snow Mobile for a good price and it needs the carb adjusted but the problem is it has diaphragm carbs and i never have messed with them and they need tuned does anybody have any experience with diaphragm carbs if so how should i go about this

give me some pics. and what kind of sled is it? phazer exciter etc?? im a skidoo guy but i think i can help. give me a vid of the sled running and some pics

Here is a video ill get some pics tomorrow the guy i got it from said it was running rich but it seems like its running lean to me and its a Yamaha Gpx 433 but i think it had a motor swap ill get more info in the am when im at my shop thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
well first thing i would do is get a service manual or look online for a downloadable one for your computer or buy one from dealer. check to make sure the airmixture screw and all the setting are at stock and if they arnt set them to stock and see if that helps. havent had to much experiance with these carbs but i would like to help you out. ill try to find a little but more info but keep me updated!

dude get the track off the ground so it can spin and do another vid of it climbing in rpms. what do the plugs look like? how far is the airscrew out? my dad is in the abckground saying adjust it to 1 turn out

my only experience with a diaphram carb was on the kawi lakota we owned, i pulled that carb and cleaned it just as i would my blaster carbs, checked/adjusted the float level to the manual specs, and checked the diaphram for rips/tears, that was good,
it did have more jets/orifices to clean than the blaster carb, reassembled and got it running good,
not sure the diaphrams have any type of adjustments ??? just make sure they are intact

the only problem i see here is obtaining a manual for that sled, it's not gonna tell you much if it has a different motor in it.
you'll need to identify that motor and the carbs on it to obtain the manual for them ???? if in fact the motor is different than that sled originally came with.
or just identify the carbs, specs and info on those should be readily available online

Hey, do the bottom of the carbs kind of look like a layer of 4-5 plates screwed together? They can be a real pain to work on. A good rebuild kit can be 40-60 dollars per carb. You don't want to use china knock off parts for carbs like that. Also you might be fighting unknown mods made to to the motor.. for example if someome switched it from a single carb intake to direct mount. Also check for mice/nests inside the muffler. If you get me detailed pictures and model numbers I should be able to find you all the specs you would need.