Status
Not open for further replies.

cbaber

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Apr 12, 2007
NY
This thread is a compilation of useful posts in the Yamaha Engine section. Just click on the title and it will take you to the corresponding thread. Use the "report" button below to suggest other posts or to report broken links.

Air Leaks - Save your engine

• Helpful to to understand air leaks and how to deal with them....

Air Leaks and Fuel/Oil Ratio

• Don't blow your motor - must watch! Air Leaks and oil Mix ration for 2 stroke...

Amzoil comparision

• Good video to learn more about oils.. nice to read along and listen....

Blaster Clutch Assembly Video

• Yamaha Blaster Clutch Assembly...

Blaster Engine Break in

• I'm sure other builders will have other opinions but this is how we do it and it's been working great for years. I see this question asked so many times...

Bolt specs

• I must have posted these a hundred times so I figured I'm gonna make a few spec posts for those...

Bottom End Assembly Video - Yamaha Blaster

• Yamaha Blaster Bottom End Engine Assembly video...

Bottom end bearing list

• Here is a parts list for you with yamaha part numbers. I have done this twice now!...

Bottom End Engine Assembly - Yamaha Blaster

• Yamaha Blaster Bottom End Engine Assembly video...

CCing a 2 stroke head

• Just pulled the head on the right off Triplecrowns Blaster, and want to know the CC because it was filed the last time it was installed...

Crank collar seal video

• Well i've answered this question a few times and it is hard to type this all out so i made a short video today of how to seal an airleak between the collar and the crankshaft...

Cylinder "CUT-AWAY" LEARNING TOOL! - Yamaha Blaster

• The "secret" and "elusive" transfer port (one of them). Notice its shape and how its almost flat on the top where it enters the cylinder. Also notice how it...

Cylinder bore to cc's

• A list of all bore sizes converted to cc's. There's a lot of guys that think they are running 240 kits when its only .040 over...

Cylinder Porting DIY

• This is part one of what looks like a five or six part series on porting your own cylinder...

Engine Disassembly Video - Yamaha Blaster

• Yamaha Blaster Engine Disassembly...

Engine Seizure

• This is good reading for diagnosing an engine failure...

FLIR photos

• Blaster warming up, short run around the yard, 7 to 8 degree C here on Sept 12. The streaks on the pipe are mud, heating up (or emitting) more than the chrome pipe. Notice the gearbox is cold...

Flywheel to Crank Lapping Vid

• If you've broken a flywheel key, chances are your crank/flywheel needs lapped. Inside the flywheel has a matching taper to the crank end. This taper fit of the flywheel to...

Great Carb Tuning Guide

• A great link to a guide that should help answer a lot of questions regarding your carb...

Head design parameters and how they affect power output

• It's not a secret that the stock Yamaha Blaster head design is...... crap. There is a LOT of room for improvement and this thread will delve into some of the knowledge needed to improve...

Head Milling And What It Does To You

• How much do I mill my head? If I mill my head, will it require me to run a higher octane gas?...

High Octane Fuel and the Definition of Detonation

• Good article with the different sunoco race fuels available and info on mixing your own fuel at the bottom...

How To 'Break In' a Two Stroke, MUST be done after a top end Rebuild!

• After engine has been installed and all fluids replenished (coolant/water, gear oil etc) you must then break the engine in properly. Improper break in results in lower reliability and possible...

How to install a cylinder

• Video of how to clean and install a cylinder...

How to install the kickstarter gear

• The clip part goes into that square slot/hole. The tab goes against the side of the case. To install the spring if u can't use your fingers use needle nose pliers...

How to measure your cylinder - DIY

• Three ways to measure a cylinder without a machine shot...

How to measure your cylinder bore

• You'll use the bore gauge to find the width of the cylinder as shown in the picture. Make sure the bore gauge is level then tighten the lock...

Info on squish, head mods, fuel and general 2 stroke tuning

• I have seen a few great threads on fuel and octane and such and decided to post a few interesting links i have come across in my travels. If you get bored easily these may not be for you. Very good reading...

Jetting Help by Kennedy

• Carburetor Jetting Procedures - Proper jetting is important not only to performance, but to the life of your engine. An engine that is a little rich will perform just as well as a properly jetted engine! But an engine...

Jetting PE, PJ, PWM, PWK,

• Long reading but I got this off another forum and since a lot of you switch over to these carbs and have problems jetting, here you go!!...

KOR Engine Assembly Vids... No Crank Puller Needed !

• Video series of how Ken assembles a blaster motor....

LA. Sleeve & CT Racing recommended engine break-in

• Here's what LA. Sleeve, and CT Racing, both recommend for 2 stroke break-in, and YES, they both recommend "heat cycles" and re-torquing the head/base nuts afterwards...

Leak down test video

• Demonstrating a Leak Down Test performed on a Yamaha Blaster...

Last edited:

Manual Clutch Tech article

• Manual Clutch Tech article from ATV 4 Wheel Action Feb 1997...

No Start Troubleshooting Video!

• This subject has been BEAT TO DEATH and then some on this forum... So hopefully this link will save a LOT of people a LOT of time...

Official Builders/Shops

• Here's a list of official builders/shops (I found using Google) that can help you with any of your 2 stroke, and in some cases 4 stroke, engine needs....

Oils and premix - 2 stroke

• One of the best “general” information articles about current two stroke oils is at the link below. While this article was originally authored with a specific view...

Piston ring gap

• How to check ring end gap. Why is end gap important on my 2-stroke? Proper end gap assures that the ring can operate correctly...

Piston Seizure Diagnotics Guide

• Piston Diagnostics Guide With Pics...

Porting Pics, Links

• Here’s a link I found on porting. There is a lots of pictures and a little bit of how-to’s. From my experiance, you should never attempt to port your engine, but if you want to give it a try...

PRE MIX Ratios/Myth/Facts - READ

• Very good information and would help out a lot of people here. 2 Stroke Engine - Premix 101...

Pre-Mix Calculations

• I found this website, thought maybe someone could use it. You put in your ratio, then it calculates into ounces...

Spark Plug Chop

• The first link tells how to do a plug chop and the second has some pictures of plugs...

Spark plugs - How to read NGK spark plug codes

• I have noticed a number of questions lately regarding spark plugs, different codes on the plugs mean different things. Here is a nice chart which decodes the codes...

Stock wiring diagrams

• Four wire stator-no brake lights-88-01. Four wire stator-with brakelights-2002 only- (easy swap to add brakelight wiring to your 88-01 model)...

Top End Rebuild - 2 Stroke - Very Informative

• Top-end rebuilding is the most frequent and costly service routine on two-stroke dirt bikes. Every year, dirt bike riders waste loads of money on top-end parts that didn’t need to be replaced...

Troubleshooting/Maintenance Guide

• Most of the terms used in this guide are searchable and already have a "diy" thread on them, I just bundled up what I do in times of need...

Status
Not open for further replies.