Yamaha blaster won't start..

blasterowner

Jul 22, 2010
GA
OK so the other day i was riding my blaster on some trails and stopped to move some huge rocks out of the way and i got back on my blaster and it would not start at all. It tried to start but never really could. Help Please!!

maybe it ran out of gas?
maybe the off/on switch is in the off position?
does it kick over? maybe blew the engine?
maybe your plug is fouled?

you need to give more info about what happened, what it is doing.

this is like going to the cop and saying, "i got robbed." they will be like okkkaaayyyy????
you need to be like, "I got robbed today at 4:31pm on the corner of ihavenoclue rd and helpmeplease ln in front of the bakery."

Ok it does kick over with all compression and it has plenty of fuel and the off switch is turned on and so is the key. And the gas is on. I have not checked the plug though. but it ran great right before it did that.

Reactions: Pj Uptmor
check the plug, might be fouled.
if it is still good, check to see it is wet or dry.
if it is dry, it might be a fuel problem. check the carbs to make sure they are getting fuel and that all the jets and valve is cleaned.
if it doesn't start still after new plugs and the carbed clean, it might be an electrical problem. the coil might be bad, the CDI might be bad. but you can worry about those after you get the plug and clean the carb.

Ok thanks sheeblast for your help i did get it started after about 20 kicks. now it starts on one kick every time. So im not sure what was wrong with it... but it did smoke alot at first when i got it started. Is that bad? And another question should you give it throttle to start it? If so how much?

it shouldn't smoke, but most smoke a little when cold. it sounded like you flooded it. check the plug might need a new one. but the float valve might need adjusted, it might be letting too much fuel into the bowl.

You should not have to give it any gas when trying to start it. It is like a weed eater, choke it and get it started, when it starts running rough, release the choke and let it warm up before you put any load on it. If you are giving it gas when you kick it and have the choke on, you probably flood it alot and that will lead to fouled plugs. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks i must have a fouled plug because it did not want to start today either. But yes i must have been flooding it because i was giving a tiny bit of throttle. So i hope a new plug will fix it...

there isn't any wrong with giving it a little gas right when you kick it over. like half way threw the kick you give it a little gas. but that is on the first kick only and the choke does the same thing somewhat.

but check the plug, it only takes a minute.

ok i will check the plug but is there anything other then the plug that would cause it to be hard to start? But the weird thing is after you get it started it starts on one kick...

ok i will check the plug but is there anything other then the plug that would cause it to be hard to start? But the weird thing is after you get it started it starts on one kick...

usually it is the plug
but improper jetting will make it hard to start too

ok yes it was the plug....the guy i bought it from never changed the plug once i have a 2002 blaster so it has the original 2002 plug and it looked horrible.. And I also did not know that it had off choke half choke and full choke. So i never full choked it .

Hey is it normal for a blaster to smoke a little when riding? cause mine does but not much just a little and the smoke is blue...:-/

Hey is it normal for a blaster to smoke a little when riding? cause mine does but not much just a little and the smoke is blue...:-/

That's good, You know your engine is getting oil, and 2 strokes do smoke it depends what type of oil and if its jetted properly. Use sythentic oils at 32:1 or 40:1.

That's good, You know your engine is getting oil, and 2 strokes do smoke it depends what type of oil and if its jetted properly. Use sythentic oils at 32:1 or 40:1.

Ok cool thanks at least i know its getting oil and right know its oil injected so what do i put in the oil tank? Like what kind of oil?:-/