Yamaha blaster wiring

Hello. I have done everything on this post and it still wont run. I have unplugged all tors pluggs and grounded the green/yellow wire to the frame and nothing. Can you help me out. Thanks

Just finished a complete re-wire of my 05 blaster so thought I would share how I did it and what goes where seen as though there's a few rewire questions on here, one being my own :p

firstly, all I have left is my headlight, the necassary switchs for this and kill switch on the left hand side.`

the rear light, brake sensors, TORS, oil level sensor, and parking brake sensor were all removed during this rewire.

The Yellow/blk wire from the cdi, leave open, (unconnected) if earthed then cuts out. This is part of the TORS system and doesn't connect to anything since the TORS system is built into the CDI assuming you want the TORS removed. `

Yellow/green from cdi. This wire should be earthed in order for the quad to run. Note, if this is left open you WILL still get a spark BUT only when you kick it, not when the piston moves, which means the quad won't run so this def needs to be earthed.`
`
Orange, this wire comes out of the CDI unit and goes to the coil, this supplys the spark so is definately needed.

black, there is a few SOLID black wires knocking about on the quad, these will almost certainly connect to the chassis at some point and the other end some sort of switch or sensor etc, discard at your will depending on requirements. the solid black coming from the engine casing should still be earthed no matter what though.`

Red/white coming from the engine casing should be connected straight to the CDI unit.

Blk/red coming from the engine casing should be connected straight to the CDI unit.

green/White coming from the engine casing should be connected straight to the CDI unit.

Yellow/red this is 12v supply which comes from the stator and supplys the neccasary circuitary. Intially it connects to the CDI. But anything that requires 12v will connect to this at some point, mine connects to the CDI then to the headlight stalk on the left hand side to supply the power to the headlight.
`
Black/White from the CDI is the kill switch system, whenever this is earthed, you will not get a spark no matter what, you can either leave this open which means you won't have anything to kill the engine or wire a "normally open switch" from the black/White to earth to enable a kill switch.`

Any more questions let us know and I'll try my hardest to help!!`

I don't wish to trash anyones quad, so follow this at your own risk, this is how mine is wired and it works perfect, just being informative, cheers.

can you help me ive read that you have to ground the tors to bypass it but here you state that just leave it alone? or do you ground both yellow and green wire

NO WIRES, ON THE 88-03 OR THE 03+ TORS REMOVAL GETS GROUNDED.

88-02.......
UNLPLUG EVERYTHING, THROTTLE SWITCH, CARB WIRING AND TORS BRAIN 3 WIRE PLUG UNDER THE HOOD

03+..............
THE YELLOW/BLACK STRIPE WIRE GETS CUT/CONNECTED TO THE BLACK WIRE FROM THE SAME TORS CONNECTOR COMING OUT OF THE CDI/TORS UNIT

88-02.......
UNLPLUG EVERYTHING, THROTTLE SWITCH, CARB WIRING AND TORS BRAIN 3 WIRE PLUG UNDER THE HOOD

03+..............
THE YELLOW/BLACK STRIPE WIRE GETS CUT/CONNECTED TO THE BLACK WIRE FROM THE SAME TORS CONNECTOR COMING OUT OF THE CDI/TORS UNIT

that's same thing as grounding it

that's same thing as grounding it

no it's not, forget what color that black wire is, pretend it's rainbow colored, the electrons do :)
both wires come out of the cdi box, the black wire the yellow/blk splices too is not connected to the frame/ground.
it completes the tors circutry inside, preventing it from limiting the rpms of the cdi.

and no green wire gets grounded as stated above.

Reactions: Gennadiy
Im rewiring mine as far as ground wires can i just ground the cdi and ground the stator to the frame? Under the coil ? I removed tors brain and dont have an ignition or kill switch. Plan on wiring a togle switch for kill. Can i just run wire from kill switch to black white on cdi? Also if im not using headlights what should i do with the yellow orange wire coming out of the stator? Do I need the yellow orange wire for the quad to spark? Im working on a mangled 93 blaster. Craigs list special. Got it cheap but payin the price now!

Just finished a complete re-wire of my 05 blaster so thought I would share how I did it and what goes where seen as though there's a few rewire questions on here, one being my own :p

firstly, all I have left is my headlight, the necassary switchs for this and kill switch on the left hand side.`

the rear light, brake sensors, TORS, oil level sensor, and parking brake sensor were all removed during this rewire.

The Yellow/blk wire from the cdi, leave open, (unconnected) if earthed then cuts out. This is part of the TORS system and doesn't connect to anything since the TORS system is built into the CDI assuming you want the TORS removed. `

Yellow/green from cdi. This wire should be earthed in order for the quad to run. Note, if this is left open you WILL still get a spark BUT only when you kick it, not when the piston moves, which means the quad won't run so this def needs to be earthed.`
`
Orange, this wire comes out of the CDI unit and goes to the coil, this supplys the spark so is definately needed.

black, there is a few SOLID black wires knocking about on the quad, these will almost certainly connect to the chassis at some point and the other end some sort of switch or sensor etc, discard at your will depending on requirements. the solid black coming from the engine casing should still be earthed no matter what though.`

Red/white coming from the engine casing should be connected straight to the CDI unit.

Blk/red coming from the engine casing should be connected straight to the CDI unit.

green/White coming from the engine casing should be connected straight to the CDI unit.

Yellow/red this is 12v supply which comes from the stator and supplys the neccasary circuitary. Intially it connects to the CDI. But anything that requires 12v will connect to this at some point, mine connects to the CDI then to the headlight stalk on the left hand side to supply the power to the headlight.
`
Black/White from the CDI is the kill switch system, whenever this is earthed, you will not get a spark no matter what, you can either leave this open which means you won't have anything to kill the engine or wire a "normally open switch" from the black/White to earth to enable a kill switch.`

Any more questions let us know and I'll try my hardest to help!!`

I don't wish to trash anyones quad, so follow this at your own risk, this is how mine is wired and it works perfect, just being informative, cheers.

I know its old but w where and how would you wire in the ignition /key
switch

88-02.......

03+..............

Old thread... perfect answer...started first kick... BFG! THANKS AWK!:D

I have spark but it don't start what is a CDI grounded to and what is the blue wire coming from The Handlebar switch go to

Hi I have used your good info to test my system as it did not run. It's a 2004 blaster 200 tors is gone. The problem I have is it runs but won't rev up. If I had to guess it runs like a rev limiter.
Parts list is long new: piston and rings,all bearings and seals, carb,and other non relevant parts. Stator coils new from Rick's Motorsports. Leak down test 10psi for 15min no leak. I am now at my wits end and in need of help
Thanks