Yamaha blaster no curent threw ornge wire

Whiteboy223

Apr 8, 2017
Spotsylvania va
Hi i have a2001 yamaha blaster that we just rebuilt it was running fine till it acted like it ran out of gas but it had full tank i took it home and has no spark i replaced stator, cdi box and regulator still no fire theres no curent going threw the orange wire going to coil any help be great thanks

Hi i have a2001 yamaha blaster that we just rebuilt it was running fine till it acted like it ran out of gas but it had full tank i took it home and has no spark i replaced stator, cdi box and regulator still no fire theres no curent going threw the orange wire going to coil any help be great thanks

low compression normal is 120psi
fuel delivery problem tank to carb
reed valve problem broken not sitting flush.
broken timing key on flywheel stator=spark at wrong time.will not start..
how did you check for spark?
or current on orange wire?
there is the old tors system issues as well:D
spill it ..........the truth shall set you free
was it a 30 dollar stator anyways you got the foot in the door lets dive in some more
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

What speedy was asking is the stator an OEM Yamaha one, or a cheap eBay one?? The eBay ones are notorious for not working at all.

The timing on the stator, unless you have modded the plate, or it's adjustable, should be factory set when you bolt it on.

The stator i have is adjustable it has the number markes on it and it was ordered off ebay but it was like $68
But it dose send curent to the cdi box just not threw the orange wire to coil we did take a wire that has curent and conected a hot wire to were we have juice threw wire to the coil but once u plug it to coil its like it grounds out i was told its a bad ground

Clean the ground behind the coil, shine the metal up good with some sandpaper. Where it bolts to the frame.

I'm still going to say you got a bum stator. If you get a chance, throw up a link to it on eBay so we can tell you. No use in chasing your tail if it's never going to work.

Unplug both kill and key switches one at a time to check them.
If either are unplugged, be sure no black/white stripe wires are touching the frame or a solid black wire. That's what kills the cdi/ignition to shut the bike off.