Yamaha blaster complete engine rebuild!

lassek

Feb 23, 2009
Sweden, Denmark is my native
Hi guys.

I am awaiting powdercoat while my quad is totally stripped down i have made a movie of me assembling the engine!

This is a VERY edited and cut down video! But very fun to watch! :-D

Remember to klik the white text link YouTube- Yamaha Blaster Complete Engine Rebuild! to watch on youtube directly in HD.

Hope you enjoy, i spend a lot of hours "in the editing room" lol! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its pretty fast in that "re-mix" :) Glad to hear you liked it.. Im just having so much fun with this videoedit! :) although it takes TIME! I actually just bought a "tri-foot" ? for the cam - So NO more shaky recordings.. (this engine footage is with a older cam) I have a newer Samsung now.

Plus i can make some recording myself when the cam i mounted on this trifoot/pod. So expect to see more when the assembly on the framework and other mechanics. ;-)

Reactions: mr_3_0_5
nice vid man..
dont powdercoat in that oven or you cant cook in it anymore..

I wont!! Im not gonna powdercoat myself - besides the frame wouldnt fit! :)

BUT i do admit after putting the engine covers in the oven.. it smelled like old 2 stroke oil all over my apartment.. hahahha... a big "smoke" came out when i opened the oven.. that stinks! :) the small remains got burned off in that phase..

But it was clean afterwards (i hope) .. at least my food tastes normal! lol!

:-D

Reactions: stephen12091985
Thanks guys! It was quite a challenge as it was 10 years since I last messed with engine on this level! .. And to be honest. I never tried to remove and install bearings etc. So I just threw myself into it! .. BUT i did made sure i had ALL the nessecary tools, torque wrenches so everything was tight to OEM spec. clutch holder, flywheel holder, new bolts, gaskets etc. before i made a mess in the kitchen! ... And oh! The Blaster Servicemanuel! (really good! - nice drawings and torque specifications)

But yeah it was a good feeling to clean everything and when finally put together it actually works! haha! ;-)

look good i want to do it to mine but need the money and tools

IF you are interested I could provide the RAW un-edited footage of the assembly (1,5-2 hours) . Its far far more detailed than the one on youtube. Only if you wanted some guideline help when you are ready.. It nice to have something to compare to if you run into troubles.. which i did a few times.. but luckily i managed to get it fixed all the way. I:I

IF you are interested I could provide the RAW un-edited footage of the assembly (1,5-2 hours) . Its far far more detailed than the one on youtube. Only if you wanted some guideline help when you are ready.. It nice to have something to compare to if you run into troubles.. which i did a few times.. but luckily i managed to get it fixed all the way. I:I

awesome job man. i would be interested in haveing a copy of the whole process. would it be easier to email it to me or to post it?

hey that is going to help me alot thanks bro
do u think you can make a video of puting the tranny together if you have the video already or somthing thanks