wont start

motoman159

Mar 8, 2012
central Florida
my blaster WILL NOT kick start, i have to pull it to get it started, it will not start when its cold, it fouls the plug when i kick it, but not when i run it, itll start up and run for a minute, then i shut it off and it wont start... pours gas out of the bottom overflow.. runs like i dream when i get it started.. compressions good 137psi.. im stumped..:-/

Just another question to narrow it down, did this just suddenly happen one day?

A dirty carb can cause it not to start very well, and cause it to leak. Two birds with one stone. Part of getting your blaster running correctly is to make sure everything is doing what is should be, the carb should not be leaking, so you have to get that fixed

A dirty carb can cause it not to start very well, and cause it to leak. Two birds with one stone. Part of getting your blaster running correctly is to make sure everything is doing what is should be, the carb should not be leaking, so you have to get that fixed
Thats good money right there!!!^^^ i did the same to mine cause i was leaking too before i rebuilt it. works good you just cant use gel toothpaste. doesnt have the abrasive properties as good ole white paste.that and i stuck the q-tip in my drill, lol. also, that might be some of your trouble with the fouling plugs. it doesnt stop the gas from weeping. sure some is coming out the over flow but is the extra ending up in your cylinder? good thing to check...

If fuel is leaking from the over flow, then the carb must be getting over full.

Either the float is set wrongly, sticking or not floating.

Fuel will also enter bowl if the needle and seat is in poor condition or is varnished up or filthy.

Solve the gas overflow problem and the starting problem may just go away.

im just going to buy a new carb, i need one anyway because my carb cap is stripped, and i know my carbs not dirty, i cleaned it twice yesterday