Wire Harness?

Blaster200boy

Aug 15, 2009
Floyds Knobs, IN
ok Guys, I need help with my wire harness.

I want the front headlight, engine (lol), and rear taillight to work. along with all this i need the CDI and any other MAJOR things needed to make the blaster run correctly...I dont need the TORS wires anymore, i just dont know which ones need cut...

the engine is the white with red strip wire and the lights are the yellow and red wire and brake light is blue wire there all on the left side of the bike right from stator the connectors are right at the corner of the frame on right side of carb. my worse night mare wires

you have any diagrams for doing such???? i would like to try this to see if it solves my intermittent spark problem.

you have any diagrams for doing such???? i would like to try this to see if it solves my intermittent spark problem.

The lighting/charging system and ignition system are completely seperate on the blaster. intermitent spark is most likely a bad connection or ground. I have had a CDI go bad before, but when that hapened the bike would start, and idle but not rev.

I need some one to take a photo of the wiring diagram and post it as a photo on the thread cause my computer isn't letting me download anything!!

This isn't exactly a wiring diagram VV , but here's the only four wires you need to run the CDI from the stator on your Blasty. The solid orange wire coming out of the CDI box and going to the ignition coil must be left alone as well. This wire is the 'trigger' for your igntion coil.

004-3.jpg

As far as the TORS is concerned, I'd go ahead and peel off all the tape from the wiring harness, so that you can see all the wires at once. I've done this four times over on four different quads. Once to repair Pit Bull puppy damage. :eek: They are not as hard to tape back up as you may think. Anyhow, unscrew the TORS 'brain' from the frame, remove the parking brake and throttle switches from the 'bars, and unplug the carbuetor cap switch. Now, cut out the yellow TORS wire with the black chaser (stripe) at it's factory crimp connections. You'll have to remove another piece or two of tape to see them. Look below for example.

Next, have at the black TORS wires with your dikes. They, too, are attached to the rest of the wiring harness with crimp fittings such as these VV . Since these wires are just grounds, there are many tied together onto one common lead with a copper crimp.

007-4.jpg

With the defeated TORS wiring sitting (deservedly, if you ask me!) on the shop floor, you're done! If you want to cut out the useless oil level switch wiring while you're in there, too, go for it! Snip the green power and the black ground leads at their connections. Afterwards, all you have to do is tape the wiring harness back up and git riding. I'll do a DIY with pics on how to build a Blaster racing wiring harness real soon...

This isn't exactly a wiring diagram VV , but here's the only four wires you need to run the CDI from the stator on your Blasty. The solid orange wire coming out of the CDI box and going to the ignition coil must be left alone as well. This wire is the 'trigger' for your igntion coil.

004-3.jpg

As far as the TORS is concerned, I'd go ahead and peel off all the tape from the wiring harness, so that you can see all the wires at once. I've done this four times over on four different quads. Once to repair Pit Bull puppy damage. :eek: They are not as hard to tape back up as you may think. Anyhow, unscrew the TORS 'brain' from the frame, remove the parking brake and throttle switches from the 'bars, and unplug the carbuetor cap switch. Now, cut out the yellow TORS wire with the black chaser (stripe) at it's factory crimp connections. You'll have to remove another piece or two of tape to see them. Look below for example.

Next, have at the black TORS wires with your dikes. They, too, are attached to the rest of the wiring harness with crimp fittings such as these VV . Since these wires are just grounds, there are many tied together onto one common lead with a copper crimp.

007-4.jpg

With the defeated TORS wiring sitting (deservedly, if you ask me!) on the shop floor, you're done! If you want to cut out the useless oil level switch wiring while you're in there, too, go for it! Snip the green power and the black ground leads at their connections. Afterwards, all you have to do is tape the wiring harness back up and git riding. I'll do a DIY with pics on how to build a Blaster racing wiring harness real soon...

Thanks so much! All i need to work is the headlight and engine lol.....i wanna see that DIY!!!!