Why

Because in their minds its a small 200cc air cooled engine. No power! People really dont understand that with a little money and the right parts, these things are quick!!!

Reactions: 2_Strokepower_
Yeah me to I just got a blaster A couple weeks ago and I sent it to the shop to. Be rebuilt. With it being bored to a 240. And my buddy talks so much smack about his kdx 200 do you think I could beat him

Yeah me to I just got a blaster A couple weeks ago and I sent it to the shop to. Be rebuilt. With it being bored to a 240. And my buddy talks so much smack about his kdx 200 do you think I could beat him

Just to make sure this shop isnt ripping you off, you cant bore a blaster to a 240 unless you completely resleeve the cylinder. Which is big money! Boring it .40 over does not mean 240. Never personally seen a kdx200 run so no opinions on which would win in a drag race/mx race.

Yeah that's. What I meant was .40 over don't know why I said 240 but he also has 660 raptor piped. What would I need to do to my blaster to make it run along side if not beat him

a 660 raptor? To make your blaster run with a 660 raptor I would say you would need to find a 660 raptor motor and put it in a blaster frame lol. You can make blasters go fast, but there is a limit my friend.

You can get a CT 240 cylinder, +4mm stroker, Port and polish job, VF4 reeds and cage, cfm airbox, uni filter, head mod for all the engine mods, your wallet could have bought a nice used 660.

Thanks man. But I've. Never beven a four stroke fan except for utility quads I've drove his raptor and I personally didn't care for it but thanks for the mod list

A stock Blaster is slow. 17hp, probably at the crank. Because of the tuning it doesn't have the usual 2s power band hit.
A little bit of work and HP can be nearly doubled. The kdx would probably beats moderately built Blaster because it has 30-32hp stock and is a bit lighter.

Actually thought about a kdx220 in a Blaster

I've owned 3 KDX's and probably will have a 4th before it's over. They are excellent trail bikes. The 200 is actually faster than the 220 stock. The 220 has a smaller carb and different porting that gives it a lot of low end torque at the expense of some top end power.

Stock they have around 27hp, they come pretty choked up. A good pipe and a few other little mods will get it closer to 35hp. The last two I had were 220's with FMF pipes. Honestly I think you'd have to have a pretty bad ass Blaster to hang with a KDX. They aren't the fastest bikes out there by any means, but bikes are so much quicker than quads.