who still makes aftermarket a arms?

ky88blaster

Apr 24, 2016
ive done a lot of searching for some aftermarket a arms for my blaster but so far all I have found that still make and sell them is American star racing, I seen some alba a arms, but on their website it says "not available". Is ASR my only choice, besides getting lucky and finding some used arms?

for alba arms use eBay. Now take in consideration, alba arms are +3 OVERALL. not each side. The ASR arms are +3 each side and +1 forward. ASR also has long travel shocks so you can fit longer/better shock on it. Thats the 2 main companies.

ive got some honda 450r front shocks that I would like to use. So I guess my best option would be to get the ASR long travel a-arms. I plan on sending the shocks to a shock builder and get them setup better for the bike/weight. I just give them the full extended and compressed shock length measurements and they can custom build the shock to use all the available wheel travel.

Yes use ASR long travels. They are really really nice! Do you have anyone in mind that can rebuild the shocks for you? I just had mine done by a guy out in Arizona, really good to work with and will powdercoat any color combo you want.

yes ive got 2 different builders ive sent shocks to before. one is CFR suspension in Tennessee, and the other is JET suspensions, www.jetsuspension.com . JET also powdercoats too with their service rebuilds. Im wondering though, if with the asr arms, if I could get 400ex balljoints so that I could run honda spindles? ive got alot of spare honda parts I can use on my woods build.

Yes u can run Honda spindles but then u need Honda hubs and front hydro brakes. And it may also require reaming the spindles but I'm not to sure.

I think all the balljoints are all 3/4 inch, where they bolt onto the arm. Ive got both 400ex and banshee spindles and hubs, and yfz450 brake calipers will bolt right onto both spindles without modifications. Im just curious to see how much handling and turning difference there would be between the two. im deffinatly gonna test it when I get some a arms.

Ok I finally found the alba arms for sale on eBay. They are only about 230$ where as the ASR arms are just under 400$. Is there really that much difference in the arms? I don't plan on doing any jumping. At the most it will be an aggressive rode trail and XC race bike

the difference is the length. The alba arms are only 3" overall, not each side. So thats an 1 1/2" each side.

The ASR arms are 6" overall or 3" each side PLUS 1" forward, which albas are not.

I guess the ASR arms do look to be built alot stouter. If I get them I will definitely have to run me some 4:1 offset wheels. I need to do some measuring and see how wide it will be. Im building a custom swingarm and Im gonna be using honda 450r axle and brakes and stuff. that axle is alot wider than the stock blaster axle, so I would be all set if it measures out to what Im looking for.

im all down for custom fabbing, except on a swingarm. There have been some home mades that worked well! But alot have failed really bad. Why not just buy a banshee axle, think its like and extra 3.25" wider. If you need even wider buy some fyz450 hubs, think they add another 2" total. Both of those parts are direct bolt on, no need to custom fab.

I guess the ASR arms do look to be built alot stouter. If I get them I will definitely have to run me some 4:1 offset wheels. I need to do some measuring and see how wide it will be. Im building a custom swingarm and Im gonna be using honda 450r axle and brakes and stuff. that axle is alot wider than the stock blaster axle, so I would be all set if it measures out to what Im looking for.

Be sure to post some pictures when you get it done !!

im all down for custom fabbing, except on a swingarm. There have been some home mades that worked well! But alot have failed really bad. Why not just buy a banshee axle, think its like and extra 3.25" wider. If you need even wider buy some fyz450 hubs, think they add another 2" total. Both of those parts are direct bolt on, no need to custom fab.

X-2 on this/\/\ . I have never thought Blaner's arm would have failed, but it did. Lots of stress on them.

ive been away for a little while, had to put the blaster on hold. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered some ASR long travel a arms. should be here in a few days. I will try and post up alot of pics when I get the chance

Reactions: Markblaster