white marks in blue plastic

Reaper26

Sep 5, 2012
alabama
I just put a graphic kit on my 04 and the fenders have white marks in them where its been flipped a few times, but the kit covered most of that. my concern is around the gas cap, is white and looks like sh*t, is there anything I can do to try to get some of the color back or fix it?

I have heard of people applying heat carefully to remedy scuffed and/or fading plastics but I'm not sure how it will work ... You could try using the search function in the upper right portion of the screen/page and search for some DIY plastic fixes. I use armor al for scrapes and scratches in my plastics to pull the deep even blue color back out of the plastic but I'm not sure if that will work on stress marks ?

Stress marks can be removed using a torch or heat gun. Being that it is close to the gas tank I would say use a heat gun.

well the stress marks in the fenders are cover by the graphics, im not worried about those cuz its not bad, the main spot its around the tank, I don't know if its faded or from years of gas being spilled around it.

Take the tank cover off and Clean it good. Use a propane torch, or heat gun and move the heat along the stress marks without elting them.. They will slowly start to darken back up. Its not going to get them all the way out, but it will darken them back up. Is it a blue set of plastics? This is what I did to mine and I got them to settle down a good bit.

After, Clean all the plastics very well. Let them dry and use a foam paint bursh and put Floor polish on the plastics.(Mop and Glo) Do about 4 coats, and they will Shine nicely.

Fred

Reactions: jus_me
went and got a heat gun, then went over all the spots with it. looks very nice from a few feet away, and looks a lot better up close. ill spray sumthin on it in a lil bit to make it shine. thanks.

you should scrape them with a stanly blade i done it with mine there not 100% or anything but they are a hell of a alot better