What's the best blaster Engine mod ?

UAE

Jul 8, 2012
Hi blaster forum,
I'm new here I'm from united arab emirates.

I want to mod my yamaha blaster engine for desert , and I want it to beat yamaha banshee . But I don't want it to heat up , Because the temperature reach's up to 35C in my country , give me some ideas if you know please

thank you . I:I

Beat a Banshee? Not with a blaster. Not unless your wallet is the size of Texas and the Banshee is bone stock.
Welcome to the forum! Look around the site and use the Search Tab up top for good info about modding the Blasty. Good info n people on here....just gotta look around!

2 major problems with trying to beat a banshee. cooling capacity and displacement. the banshee is water cooled and has 2 cylinders. dont get me wrong i have beaten a bunch of banshee's with a blaster but this wasnt in the sand climbing hills either. its going to take some money and most likely running methanol (alcahol) to even come close to a mild banshee in the sand. how much are you looking to spend?

thank you ,
I saw one last year he was beating Banshees using blaster engine.
What do you think about changing the engine ?

2 major problems with trying to beat a banshee. cooling capacity and displacement. the banshee is water cooled and has 2 cylinders. dont get me wrong i have beaten a bunch of banshee's with a blaster but this wasnt in the sand climbing hills either. its going to take some money and most likely running methanol (alcahol) to even come close to a mild banshee in the sand. how much are you looking to spend?

I want it for daily use , what do you think about changing the engine ?

My Blaster
2006 Stock

t976h2.jpg

sxip34.jpg

0708-490070784607.png

0708-294690784638.png

0708-132820784672.png

0708-389850784761.png

I want to mod it but for daily use

Last edited by a moderator:
you are going to need a hell of alot more then a toomey pipe and a K&N air filter and a bbk. the bbk is a good starting point, but you will have to get the bbk agrresivly race ported, a stroker crank, head mod, aftremarket clucthes, staters, best piston of the market, run race fuel (alcohal) loose the toomey and get a lrd, f7, dyno port, bigger carb, dont even use the air box, just a filter coming of the carb, v force reeds. and more!! all i have to say is be sitting in a chair once you total up how much you money you spend it just the motor let alone the suspension, frame, and body work

Sell it an get a lt 500 haha. In reality your going to need a bbk kit\stroker ported, pwk 35mm carb dynoport or f7 both run amazing an then its going to need to be longer. List goes on an on.. do your self a favor just sell the blaster an put the money u was going to spend twds something bigger.

make it as light as posibe, remove anything you dont need. a good aftermarket pipe rechambered head port work and porting for high rpm. dune tires and a 15 tooth fronnt sprocket woud be a good start.

There are some very good mods stated above ... big bore with triple port, redesigned and milled head, f7 pipe, bigger carb, stroker kit, aftermarket clutch, lightened flywheel, advanced timing, sand paddles. That will definately get you moving in the right direction very quickly. The one huge advantage of running our blasters is they're almost always significantly lighter then any other quad you'll be running against. K&N filters may breather a little better but as mud runner said I would NOT use a K&N in the sand. There are many aftermarket foam air filters ( uni, no toil super flo et. ) that breathe way better then stock and will protect your motor much better then a K&N.