What reed block is this?

BL4ST3R AL3X

Dec 25, 2015
Hello, I'm not sure if you guys can tell me from this picture but is this the boyrad reed block with the built in manifold?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 436
Doesn't look like it to me. The Boyesen rad valves don't have welds, they are one single casting.. If you take it out and take a pic we can prob help you better.

Last edited:
Ok just saw it was a single piece and got my hopes up would be a bonus if it's a decent one will take it apart tomorrow or Friday and take some pictures

Actually now that I think of it I believe Boyesen made 2 different moxels of the RAD valve. The one I personally have doesn't have any welds, the other may ?? When you pull it out if it is a Boyesen it will have a # stamped on the inside..

That is a Boyesen rad valve. Interesting thing is I've never seen one with a weld. Maybe the weld is a repair ? It is def a Boyesen rad valve though..

In case you wondering, These rad valves use different reeds than the stock cage. (Stock cage reeds will fit but they are a hair to long and a hair thin) the replacement reeds you would need have an Rl04 or RL-04 in the part #..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement...ash=item5b123522fb:g:LmYAAOSwBahVWRQW&vxp=mtr
Like these right here..

Last edited:
That is a Boyesen rad valve. Interesting thing is I've never seen one with a weld. Maybe the weld is a repair ? It is def a Boyesen rad valve though..
Thank you for getting back, maybe it was a repair job I'm not sure, glad it's a boyesen! Saves me a some money!

In case you wondering, These rad valves use different reeds than the stock cage. (Stock cage reeds will fit but they are a hair to long and a hair thin) the replacement reeds you would need have an Rl04 or RL-04 in the part #..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement...ash=item5b123522fb:g:LmYAAOSwBahVWRQW&vxp=mtr
Like these right here..
Brilliant info regarding the reeds, do they do carbon fibre ones?