What kind of Helmet to buy

HJC all the way my last 2 helmets were HJC. The first ride I went on I had my dirt bike and fell on a log looked at it not even a scratch.

just go to a stealership, and try a bunch of them on look at the price, then come home and find the same helmet on the net for 25$ cheaper lol

but I just got this helmet... but it was 300$
it's an oneal, made out of carbon fiber an Kevlar

i would stay away from budget helmets. Expensive helments arent expensive just because of graphics, are you going to feel safer in a 400 dollars helment or a 150 dollar helmet?

i would stay away from budget helmets. Expensive helments arent expensive just because of graphics, are you going to feel safer in a 400 dollars helment or a 150 dollar helmet?

i would say anything above the £100 and named brand i would feel safe in you dont have to pay 400 for helmet fair enough they are the best helmet and but there lesser helmets do the job just fine espeicially if they have passed all certifications and tests

graphics are a bonus imo:)

iv had 2 helemts, one was a matching one to the tri z my dad bought brand new i wore that for many years.
And my zeus that i have had for 6 years now

hahhaha i bought a cheap mossi helment for like 50 bucks or sooo...might not be the best brand but it does its job......i have wrecked a dirtbike hard 2times with it and couple of scratches but no cracks or splits and it comfortable

No, that is not how it works,being D.O.T and SNELL approved does not mean a helmet that is 150 is as good as a 400 dollar Arai helmet. if you can go spend 1700 on a bike then why cant you spend money for a good, safe helmet? those are just impact test. Ever notice that more expensive helmets are smooth and rounded? they are like that for a reason. Sharp edges will catch on the ground and hurt your neck. Which is what gets hurt the most in a wreck when some one is wearing a helment. Ive seen somewhere where a guy said you should buy the helment first, and then the bike

No, that is not how it works,being D.O.T and SNELL approved does not mean a helmet that is 150 is as good as a 400 dollar Arai helmet. if you can go spend 1700 on a bike then why cant you spend money for a good, safe helmet? those are just impact test. Ever notice that more expensive helmets are smooth and rounded? they are like that for a reason. Sharp edges will catch on the ground and hurt your neck. Which is what gets hurt the most in a wreck when some one is wearing a helment. Ive seen somewhere where a guy said you should buy the helment first, and then the bike

This is good info and thanks but I'm not trying to be cheap I just need a helmet and I've got $150 to spend on one. That's why I started this so maybe someone could tell me which would be the best for my price range.

Easy there gscx 2.0 haha. All I meant by the dot approved was that should be a minimum for a helmet. If it isn't approved then don't even consider it.

I'm going to go to the dealership tuesday since they are closed tomorrow and try some on and see what size I need then see what kind of deal I can find on the internet.