What jugs fit blasters?

is that a serious question... ?'' Maybe you didn't get the joke..as i didn't the first time i read it either... now the head is a different subject...lol..I'm sorry.....i keep forgetting this is g rated...

WOW that was over my head!!! lol :eek: I:I

I believe ya..but in consideration.i live in one of the most popular places in the world for u.f.o sightings. Pine Bush new york.(look it up) .. maybe they will drop me off some super blaster hovering device lol.. ...my apologies.meds kickng in. Im out..

I'm not trying to pull this thread away from its subject but...
I'm aware of Pine Bush... Just for the hell of it,have you personally seen anything strange,or what you would consider a UFO?

I wish we would get back on thread...
It used to be very common to swap cylinders from one model to another to take advantage of better porting in a different type of engine. Most cylinders were a square 4 bolt pattern and tended to be on the even mm size so fits were quite common. I would guess if you scoured the MX parts bins you'd find several cylinders that would fit. There are several caveats, unless you want to do some welding and machining:
1) it would have to be a cylinder induction jug,
2) it would likely need to be aircooled
This would pretty much limit us to MX engines earlier than 1985 although there are still a lot of high output aircooled snowmobiles made.

Watercooled MX engines after 1980 pretty much all came with internal case to cyinder waterpassages, case induction and powervalve.

The radiator is a lot of extra complication and about 5-10lbs more weight. My son has run a DT200 cylinder in his Blaster and I can attest that we are making more hp with modified Blaster aircooled cyinders.

Steve

What type of cylinder and or head do you mean when talking about a 44 DD jug?

I use the redhead,she's pretty mellow but strong willed and so beautiful lolI:I

And i appologize for sending everyone off topic, i did not expect it as i usualy get ignored, it was fun tho.

But seriousely all that work to make one adapt,would it not be easier just to port and polish?recut the head? pipe and jet and beat the hell out of it?Blasters were made for that anyway hehe

Anybody know if the Yamaha dt 250 top will bolt up?

First, have you read the whole thread?

Certainly wouldn't be a bolt on, so how much would you be willing to spend to do this?
A good "hybrid" engine to research to get an idea on cost and effort is a "Polanda" Polaris cyl on trx250r
Another is a "Crankenstein " Rotax cyls on Banshee cases.