What is this?

Tankbuster

Oct 23, 2016
Wi.
Found this little item in the Blaster parts box, what is it? Cant be too important. I looked at a diagram, but does not show it on the wiring plan i got.
-Tank-

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 272
Very seen one of them before. Most likely not for blaster? Looks like it has a rubber grommet on it that would go into a hole on a engine cover.

Is it a magnet?

No, not a magnet. But it does have l little button for an internal micro switch. Anyway, like I said, cant be too important think I'll just toss it.
-Tank-

Noooooo!! Don't throw it all away. That's the TORS switch out of the thumb throttle. The switch and wires are worth less than $0. However, the grommet is priceless. Cut the wires. Slide the grommet off. Fill the hole in the grommet with black silicone sealer. Put the grommet back in the thumb throttle to keep the dirt out. Smash the switch with a hammer and throw it away.

Noooooo!! Don't throw it all away. That's the TORS switch out of the thumb throttle. The switch and wires are worth less than $0. However, the grommet is priceless. Cut the wires. Slide the grommet off. Fill the hole in the grommet with black silicone sealer. Put the grommet back in the thumb throttle to keep the dirt out. Smash the switch with a hammer and throw it away.

That's why I have not seen it as I'm running aftermarket thumb throttle.

Thanks Bluesman, I had no idea. I will replace the grommet and smash the switch. I did have frustreating work week! LOL. Again thanks.
-Tank-

Reactions: Awk08
i was just looking at 1 of your posts yesterday lol
nice to see yah again.
this is exactly what i did to:)